The Windows working system has many unknown recordsdata, and WpcMon.exe is one such file. Like the remainder, the file is thought-about someway mysterious and has even been blamed for various errors. Well, this text is devoted to WpcMon EXE and its identified issues, however first let’s study a bit of extra about this file.
What is WpcMon EXE?
WpcMon.exe is a part of Windows and runs as a part of the Family Safety Monitor software, the parental control and monitoring program that helps youngsters keep secure online. The program often registers within the PC’s job scheduler as Microsoft WindowsShellFamilySafetyMonitor.
Originally known as WpcMon.exe.mui, however it runs primarily as a background course of. The file has had a number of variations to date.
Is WpcMon EXE secure?
WpcMon.exe is revealed as a system file by Microsoft, so it is not a virus.
It’s really a signed file and an vital a part of Windows, particularly for fogeys who need to control what their children are doing with their PCs.
- ALSO READ: 6 of the very best parental control antivirus software
Is it secure to delete wpcmon?
Unless in any other case specified, deleting WpcMon.exe and its supporting components (folders and subfolders) is not really useful as it might make some other packages inaccessible.
Even if you’re experiencing a wpcmon.exe concern with excessive CPU utilization, it is higher to attempt other options (extra on this later).
Where is WpcMon EXE?
The perform is situated within the folder C: WindowsSystem32wpcmon.exe. However, the icon for this course of doesn’t usually seem on the taskbar.
Common causes of errors related to WpcMon.exe
WpcMon.exe issues may be attributable to quite a lot of occasions, together with lacking (or corrupt) program recordsdata, unhealthy registry keys, or malware infections.
Conflicts with other newly put in software, an outdated model of Windows, and apps that aren’t correctly put in can even set off WPCMON.exe issues.
How to fix WpcMon.exe error?
- Scan your PC for malware
- Repair corrupt recordsdata utilizing SFC / scannow
- Update Windows
- Remove any packages you’ve just lately put in
- Quit the wpcmon.exe course of
- Stop wpcmon.exe from Task Scheduler
1. Scan your PC for malware
An an infection can generate many wpcmon.exe errors. You can thus begin by scanning your laptop for attainable infiltration of a virus utilizing any antivirus software.
To be certain that your PC is freed from malicious software, we encourage you to scan it with a dependable antivirus comparable to Bitdefender.
- Download Bitdefender Antivirus
READ MORE: 8 greatest free antivirus packages in a single yr: Grab a few of these in 2019
2. Repair corrupt recordsdata utilizing SFC / scannow
A corrupted file system can mess with the WpcMon.exe software. Try operating SFC (System File Checker) software to restore incorrect recordsdata and eliminate the issue:
- Look for the search area (it is on the taskbar) and kind cmd.
- Then right-click cmd different (from the outcomes). Click Run as administrator.
- When the Window command hundreds, kind DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth (observe the areas) and then press enter and wait.
- Write now sfc / scan.
3. Update Windows
An outdated working system can even tackle issues associated to wpcmon.exe. Update Windows and see how it goes.
- click on on Start.
- Go over to Settings.
- Select Update and safety.
- click on on Windows replace then tap Look for updates.
Now you’ll be able to calm down whereas your laptop checks and downloads the newest updates.
4. Remove any just lately put in software
As already talked about, the file might not work correctly after conflicting with an app you might have simply put in.
- click on on Start and choose Settings as highlighted above.
- Type Apper within the search box as proven and choose Add or take away functions.
- Click on this system you observed to set off errors, then choose Uninstall.
Alternatively, you should use tools comparable to IOBit uninstaller to utterly take away the chosen software from the PC.
- Download now IObit Uninstaller PRO at no cost
ALSO READ: Solve: Unable to connect apps to begin in Windows 10
5. Quit the wpcmon.exe course of
Stopping the WPCMON.exe course of is additionally an option, however maybe only after every part else fails.
- Start Task processing (Press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL).
- Only when Task processing open, discover and proper click on WpcMon.exe course of, then choose Finish the duty.
6. Stop wpcmon.exe from Task Scheduler
If stopping the method doesn’t assist, you’ll be able to control the beginning / cease of this system by disabling the duties related to the Family Monitor (WpcMon) in Task Scheduler.
- click on on Start button.
- Type Schedule duties into the search box.
- Select Task planner then Run as administrator.
- Look for FamilySafetyMonitor right-click and then choose Disable.
- Close Task Scheduler and restart.
Finally you’ll be able to delete Parental control the folder from its normal location in C: Windows SystemApps to treatment any lingering WpcMon.exe hiccups. We suggest that you just rename the file so that you could be want it sooner or later.
We hope that this text helped you perceive and fix any issues with WpcMon.exe.