With the mid-season update, Warzone may have more interesting patch notes.
One day after the update for the season Black Ops Cold WarSeason 2 has arrived in the main game, a similar update has now found its way to Warzone.
The list of fix notes is significantly smaller, but contains several major changes. First, the AUG tac rifle, currently one of the most important long-range weapons in Warzone, was hit by a nerf. Raven increased the recoil of the base of the weapon, which inevitably means that it will be less deadly when firing long distances.
This is a particularly surprising change, given that in the main multiplayer game Black Ops Cold War, the mid-season update did not affect tac rifles, despite similar complaints. But it’s a welcome change in Warzone.
Today’s update also brought several other welcome improvements to the quality of life. Armor plates should now appear more consistent, confirming that players had a hunch that their spawn speed had changed at some point after the start of the Black Ops Cold War.
The minimap also recorded some nice additions. Players can now tap dangerous maps by tapping, similar to 3D. Pingable objects now also list the item name in some cases. Raven did it too, making items in close proximity easier to ping individually.
When deleting pings, you can now hold down the ping button to clear all your placed pings. As previously revealed, this is a larger download than usual, which will reduce the overall space of the game. You are looking at just over 50 GB if you only have Warzone installed, or 133 GB for Warzone and Modern Warfare.
Read the full change log below.
- Fixed Dev 6634 bug for Xbox.
- Fixed subtitles for Sims, Beck and Garcia.
- Armor should now consistently reproduce as ground prey in all matches.
- On the island of Rebirth, an off-map exploat was repaired near Chemical Engineering.
- In Plunder, Self Revive can now be canceled using the Quick Inventory menu.
- For keyboard / mouse or any Bing Ping control scheme, you can briefly delete all placed pings at once by holding down the Ping button.
- You can now double-click to place a dangerous ping.
- When you hover over some pingable objects, you sometimes get the name of the object, which makes it easier for you to see what you’re aiming at.
- It should now be a little easier to point exactly what you want when the items are very close together.
- The text “Delete pings” has been changed to “Delete my pings”.
- The size of the Cold War’s AUG’s recoil has been increased.
- Cold War weapon unlocks are now displayed correctly in the Post-Action Report.
- The Suppressor snout now correctly displays the muzzle flash mask as for.
- The Cavalry Lancer now increases vehicle damage.
- Smooth / variable zoom ranges now mount correctly to vertical walls.
- Fixed some issues with animation of shooting from ADS in fields.
- Fixed a bug where some Cold War barrels did not have the intended effects.
- Baker’s 4th Operator Mission Objective to eliminate 15 enemies using a weapon with an attached 2x magnified range or larger now tracks correctly.