Warhammer: Vermintide 2, a free rogue-lite-inspired expansion, Chaos Wastes, will be released for PS4 and Xbox in June.
Fatshark today announced the expansion of Chaos Wastes into Warhammer: Vermintide 2 will be available on June 3 for Xbox One and Xbox Series X / S as a free download.
Playstation 4 players will be able to get it in their hands later that month.
In Chaos Wastes, you will try to get to the Citadel of Eternity, but in the process, you will leave your “hard-earned armor” behind and return to the basics with simple equipment that will require skills to use effectively.
You will have to navigate the region without a map and no road will be the same.
Here is a list of features:
- Pilgrim’s Coins – Chaos Waste Unique coins that can be exchanged for devotional favors or weapons along the way. A wise traveler accumulates them well and spends them wisely.
- Chest tests – Those looking for more challenges on their Pilgrimage can find them using rare chests of trials. The opening of the chest of trials attracts the attention of a monstrous enemy. Defeat the enemy and get a reward.
- Sanctuary – Undamaged shrines can be found in Chaos Wastes. Heroes can claim the favor of healthy gods in the form of Miracles & Boons. But, of course, such favors are not gained without sacrifice.
- Waystone Altar – A weapons repository that contains weapons employed by previous pilgrims. Accessible by sacrificing Pilgrim coins. The more Pilgrim’s Coins require the Reliquary, the more powerful the weapons in them.
- Potions – The journey is littered with mysterious potions that offer powerful benefits … perhaps enough to help you cope with the likelihood of a long and difficult journey.
Chaos Wastes, released for PC on April 20, includes Twitch Integration, which allows viewers to connect and vote on what’s next.