Cheats, famous cheats: they are such a base The Sims series that it’s hard to imagine playing without them. The Sims 4 is no exception, with an honestly staggering number of cheat codes and tuned interactions that allow you to control even more aspects of your Sims’ lives than you might technically think.
- How to cheat in The Sims 4: Getting Started
- Money cheats
- Character cheats
- Build cheats
- Camera cheats
- Quality of life cheats
How to cheat in The Sims 4: Getting Started
Open the cheat console
On the PC, press Ctrl + Shift + C to open the cheat console. A text box will appear in the upper left corner of the screen where you can type and enter your cheat commands.
On the Xbox One or PS4, hold down all four shoulder buttons at once to open the cheat console.
Enable debug cheats
Most cheats in this list require you to enable testing or debugging of cheats in the game before activating. In my experience, leaving debug cheats enabled in the background doesn’t interfere with your game, and it’s a good anti-frustration feature when you want to cheat quickly.
To enable cheat debugging in the game, enter the following in the cheats console: testing tests true.
A notification should appear below the console informing you that cheats have been enabled.
You can turn them off again by entering them testingcheats false.
Many players – myself included – simply can’t imagine The Sims without money fraud. Even people who try to avoid cheat codes in other areas of the game often don’t mind using them at the beginning.
- kaching: Inserts 1,000 simoleons into active household funds.
- motherlode: Inserts 50,000 Simoleons into active household funds.
- Money [number]: Sets the resources of the active household to the given amount.
- FreeRealEstate and: Allows all residential land to be moved. (Deposits in the apartments are free, but you still have to pay the rent.)
Changing the look of the Sim
In normal gaming, The Sims 4 allows you to reuse a limited version of Create-A-Sim at any time using a mirror or chest of drawers. This way you can change Sim’s clothes, make-up and accessories, hair color and style, etc. From patch 113 you can also adjust Sim’s likes and dislikes.
However, there are many things you can’t change on your Sim with the mirror, including their body shape, facial texture, skin tone and eye color, characteristics and aspirations, gender adjustment, and more.
In order to fully enter CAS and customize your Sim without restrictions, you must have debug cheats enabled (see above). Enter Full CAS mode to the cheats console and then Shift + click on your Sim. You should see an option named CAS full adjustment mode. Click this button to instantly return the entire household to the full character creator.
Simík’s personality change and other character values
The vast majority of the cheat codes in The Sims 4 are in some way related to the values of the characters. Many of them cannot be changed even in CAS full edit mode. If you want to rework any aspect of the character’s simology, take a look at the table below, as it’s probably a scam:
|Codes||What is he doing||Examples|
|fillmotive motive[need]||Max. The number of nominees need for active Sim.||fillmotive motive_Energy
|Adds or removes named property for active Sim.||traits.equip_trait Trait_Geek
|edit relationship [Sim1 fullname] [Sim2 fullname] [value] [relationship]||Sets relationship values between two named Sims.||edit relationship Mortimer Goth Bella Goth 100 LTR_Romance_Main (maximum romantic relationship)
edit relationship Geoffrey Landgraab Nancy Landgraab -100 LTR_Friendship_Main (reduces friendship to lowest value)
|stats.set_skill_level [skill] [value]||Sets named skill value for active Sim.||stats.set_skill_level Major_Comedy 10 (maximum comedy skill)
stats.set_skill_level Major_Mischief 1 (sets Mischief skill to level 1)
stats.set_skill_level Hidden_Skating 5 (sets hidden skating skills to level 5)
stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Creativity 10 (max. children’s Sim skills in creativity)
|career. promotion [career]||Takes the active Sim to the next level in the named one career.||career. promote culinary
careers.promote (for young adults or older part-time)
Teen_Retail (for part-time teenagers)
Careers.promote Gradeschool (to increase school class)
|sims.add_buff buff_Pregnancy_Trimester[number]||Moves the current Sim pregnancy to the named trimester.||sims.add_buff buff_Pregnancy_Trimester2
|Active Sim becomes playable spirit with the cause death named. Note that they do not have a grave or an urn. Alternatively, eliminate the cause of death to resurrect the playable spirit.||traits.equip_trait electric current
|traits.equip_trait trait_Occult[CreatureType]||Causes the Sim to become active occult creatures named type or removes occult status from them.||traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid
Despite the mixed acceptance of the game in other areas, The Sims 4 build mode is widely praised as the best in the franchise to date. However, there are still some limitations to your creativity that you’d rather see removed. Enter the following cheats that will give you a little more freedom in designing the world of your Sims.
- bb. motion objects: Removes restrictions on object placement. This can very easily result in assemblies that Sims can’t actually interact with, but a surprising amount of time to find that Sims can still communicate with objects if they’re not completely blocked.
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement: Unlocks all rewards for a career in build / purchase mode. (Note, however, that this will not unlock rewards for a career in Create-A-Sim.)
- bb. showhiddenobjects: Enables all debug items in purchase mode. You can view them all by typing debug into the build / buy search bar. (You will need patience to find the one you want because they all have the same name, so there is no way to narrow your search.) Many items, such as fish, plants, etc., do not work as usual when accessed this way, so this fraud should only be considered for decorative purposes.
- bb. showliveeditobjects: Gives you access to environment objects that you can only see in areas outside the boundaries during normal play, such as vehicles. These objects have no game function, but can be used decoratively. Before you can see them in purchase mode, you must turn on hidden object cheating (above).
- bb.enablefreebuild: This cheat allows you to edit hidden games, which in The Sims 4 are any games that you don’t have direct access to from the map (including real secret games, active occupation sites, the supernatural underworld, and the top of Mount Komorebi). Head to any plot you want to edit, then enter this cheat to gain full control over the build / purchase. This must be done when your active Sims are on the plot you want to modify. You can also use it to modify other Sims’ homes when you visit them, and to modify common community batches. Note that this scam cannot be used to modify areas that are not part of a lot, such as public walks between houses in residential areas or shared areas in apartment buildings.
Additionally, you can resize objects by holding them down Shift + [ or Shift + ]. This is not so much a scam as a hidden feature, but it can be very useful in construction.
Resized objects retain their functionality. Note that the Sims’ animations when interacting with an object remain the same, even though they are now much larger or smaller than they should be. The results can be hilarious or unnerving, but they are rarely photogenic.
They are not so much cheats, but rather features that are not easily advertised in the game itself. They remove the game’s user interface and give you more freedom to move the camera, which is useful if you’re trying to capture a specific photo or game clip. Remember that you cannot actively control your Sims while using them.
- press Tab toggle Cameraman mode. In this mode, you can zoom in and out much more than is possible in normal gaming, and pan the view of areas of the current neighborhood that would normally be hidden off the screen.
- press Shift + Tab toggle First person mode. Your point of view will now be on the currently controlled Sim. While the “camera” is now where your Sim’s head moves, you have complete freedom to rotate your gaze in a way that naturally could not be achieved. In other words, you can turn “your” head 360 degrees on all axes (and it’s quite disturbing when you look down at your back).
Quality of life cheats
There are a lot of tuning cheats in The Sims 4. As mentioned above in Character Cheats, once you enable cheat testing, you’ll be amazed at how many things in the game you can press Shift to see their debugging features. There are too many to describe in detail, but here are some of my favorites:
Whether they got into the bushes or suddenly forgot how stairs work, it’s just a fact of life that Sims sometimes get stuck.
Fortunately, if it’s a Sim in your active home, you have several options before you have to tear up gardens and tear down walls to free them. Shift + Click on the ground and select Teleport here for a quick solution to an immediate problem.
Then you can find out what interrupted their search for routes without having to worry about keeping their needs at a high level.
Ecological lifestyle: cancel the NAP immediately
If you have the Eco Lifestyle EP installed, you will probably feel that some of the neighborhood action plans (NAPs for short) presented in the package are quite great! Others… not so much.
I’m talking mainly about Sharing is Caring NAP, which allows NPCs to nickname everything that isn’t nailed, as well as most things that are. (I don’t know how Francine Spencer managed to put the whole mounted counter in her back pocket, but she did, and now I have to buy a new one.) But in fact, any NAP can be annoying if you secretly vote in a neighborhood you’ve played in a very different way.
You can cancel unwanted NAPs through the game, but it’s a time consuming process without a guarantee of success. Fortunately, with cheat testing turned on, you can Shift-click on the mailbox of your active home to see Immediate cancellation of NAP. The pop-up menu will give you a list of active NAPs to choose from. Yeet Sharing is sun care and you can continue your life without the hassle that your neighbor’s neighbor will literally walk away with your kitchen sink.
You can also use the same mailbox debug menu Connect NAP immediately. In fact, it allows you to set all four NAPs for the neighborhood to whatever you want, if you want, if you want, eliminating the risk that the game will force you.