If you want to optimize your Mewtwo in Pokémon Go, you want to make sure you teach them the best possible moves. Mewtwo has a chance to learn various attacks in the category of charged moves. However, it has only a few options when it comes to fast movements, so you don’t have to bother too much with them. In this guide we will show you the best Mewtwo set in Pokémon Go.
Mewtwo is a Pokémon of the psychic type. It is weak for Bug, Dark and Ghost attacks and is resistant to Fighting and Psychic moves. It has a maximum CP of 4,178, an attack of 300, a defense of 182 and a stamina of 214. Although it has a lower defense than many would feel good, Mewtwo has an incredible attack, making it one of the best Pokémon in the game, especially in its shadow form. The standard form is excellent for the Master League Classic.
Here are all the moves Mewtwo can learn.
- Confusion (mental type) – 16 damage and 3 energy per wheel (4 damage per wheel) – 4 turns
- Psycho cut – 3 damage and 4.5 energy per move (1.5 damage per move) – 2 turns
- Flamethrower (Fire-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy
- Focus Blast (combat type) – 150 damage and 75 energy
- Hyper Beam (normal type) – 150 damage and 80 energy
- Ice Beam (Ice-type) – 90 damage and 55 energy
- Mental (mental type) – 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to reduce the opponent’s defensive position by 1)
- Psystrike (mental type) – 90 damage and 45 energy
- Shadowball (type of ghosts) – 100 damage and 55 energy
- Thunderbolt (electric type) – 90 damage and 55 energy
When it comes to choosing a fast moving Mewtwo, you will always want to go with a psycho cut. Despite being a weaker attack than confusion, you will earn much more energy each time you use it. The more energy Mewtwo can use, the more often it fires from its charged movements, where real damage occurs. Therefore, psycho cut is a better choice.
For charged moves, you have a choice of eight options. It’s easy to be overwhelmed by possibilities, but you can rule out a hyper beam, an ice beam, a flamethrower and a psyche. While the ice beam, flamethrower and psyche are decent attacks, Mewtwo has better options in his set of moves. For example, psystrike is easily the best step to teaching Mewtwo, the problem is that it is exclusive. You can only teach Mewtwo this attack during special events, or you need Charged Move TM to select it.
The second option is a little harder. Thunderbolt is always a good move, just like a shadow ball, especially since the shadow ball is super effective against ghosts and psychic types. Of course, you can choose a shadow ball if you’re worried about these Pokémon when using your Mewtwo, but a sniper blast is the best choice for us. Not only does it cause considerable damage, even though it costs a lot of energy, but it is also very effective against Dark, Ice, Normal, Rock and Steel Pokémon.
The best set for teaching Mewtwo is the psycho cut of fast movement and the charged movement of psystrike and focus blast.