Darmanitan is a Pokémon glass cannon in terms of its use in Pokémon Go. It’s a decent Ultra League and Master League Classic Pokémon, but you primarily want to use Darmanitan for raids. It is the power of a Pokémon that can do incredible damage. The real trick is to make sure you teach him the right set of moves to make her attack statistics shine.
Darmanitan is a fire type Pokémon. It will be weak against Ground, Rock and Water attacks, but is resistant to Bug, Fairy, Fire, Grass, Ice and Steel moves. Primarily, you want to place Darmanitan as the main Pokémon on your PvP list if you use it against other players. It may not take long in combat, but it can wrap a huge blow that can force most players to use their Switch Pokémon immediately. If this happens, you can also replace the Darmanitan.
These are all attacks that Darmanitan can learn.
- Fire Fang (Fire-type) – 8 damage and 2.5 energy per move (4 damage per move) – 2 turns
- Burn (Fire type) – 15 damage and 4 energy per wheel (3 damage per wheel) – 5 turns
- Tools (normal type) – 3 damage and 2 energy per wheel (3 damage per wheel) – 1 wheel
- Focus Blast (combat type) – 150 damage and 75 energy
- Overheating (Fire type) – damage 130 and energy 55 (100% chance to reduce the user’s attack by two positions)
- Psychic (psychic type) – 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to reduce the opponent’s defense by one position)
- Rock Slide (Rock-type) – damage 75 and energy 45
When it comes to teaching Darmanitan fast movement, you will always want to burn. It quite easily defeats fire teeth. Overall, the fire fang is an attack that can cause more damage than burn in a shorter period of time. Yet the amount of energy he burns he generates for the Darmanitan will make up for it. It’s a Pokémon glass cannon, so he wants to use his charged moves as often and quickly as possible.
When it comes to charged movements, Darmanitan has several options that you should consider. While the focus blast is a strong charged Fighting movement, Darmanitana costs too much energy to use it effectively, due to his lower statistics of defense and endurance. You want your charged movements to be fast, even when you’re burning. The best options include a slide and overheating. Both of these attacks have energy below 55 and are incredibly powerful. Overheating reduces the state of Darmanitan’s attack each time you use it, but Darmanitan has a lot to give up, especially for fast battles. Rock slide is a good backup attack that is super effective against Pokémon such as Bug, Fire, Flying and Ice.
The best set for teaching Darmanitan is the combustion of fast movement, and the charged movements slip and overheat.