Riot Games are holding another massive event in all their games. League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Valorant, Legends of Runeterra and League of Legends: Wild Rift players can take part in the event, as different content will come to different games at different times in the coming months.
As part of this event, a new champion, recently unveiled Akshan, will be released, bringing ranks killer shenanigans to all of Riot’s games except Valorant.
Akshan release dates
Akshan, Rogue Sentinel, is the first Riot champion to appear across all League-univers games during the same event. He throws himself into the fight against Destruction with a sacred relic, demands revenge on his enemies and redeems the fallen allies. Akshan releases the following data (PT):
- Legends of Runeterra July 14
- Teamfight tactics on July 21st
- League of Legends July 22 – including Cyber Pop Akshan skins
- League of Legends: Wild Rift July 27 – including Battle Academia Akshan skins
In addition to the new champion, enter all League-related games, each Riot title will have its own special Sentinels of Light celebration.
League of Legends (July 8 – August 10)
The client’s experience of the story, “Rise of the Sentinels,” gives players a way to experience the League’s story through the eyes of a newcomer to the Sentinels, as a lasting change comes into the world of Runeterra.
- Players will travel through Runeterra to gain new allies and fight Viega.
- Rise of the Sentinels is published in weekly chapters, and players complete game missions to advance.
- Rise of the Sentinels is played for free, so players can fully experience the story without having to pay.
11 new in-canon skins show the champions as they appear in Rise of the Sentinels:
- July 8:
- Sentinel Vayne (legendary), Sentinel Olaf, Sentinel Irelia, Sentinel Riven and Sentinel Diana
- Destroyed Pantheon
- July 22:
- Sentinel Graves (legendary), Sentinel Pyke and Sentinel Rengar
- Destroyed Miss Fortune
- July 29:
- Unbound (Event shop exclusive for the first launch)
The exclusive Ascended Pantheon Prestige Edition skin, which is part of the event, shows an alternative timeline where the human spirit within the Pantheon overcomes Doom. Ultimate Spellbook, the first new game mode event since 2018, released during the Sentinels of Light! In addition to their own Ultimate, each player gains the ability of the second champion to use during the game.
League of Legends: Wild Rift (July 8 – August 10)
Wild Rift’s Sentinels of the Light will include a game narrative experience where players can meet and team up with Lucian, Senna, Riven, Irelia, Vayn and Akshan.
- Starting with Lucian and Senn, he will join the HQ experience of the new character during the event (Vayne – July 13; Riven and Irelia – July 19; Akshan – July 27)
- Playing matches will increase their Sentinel Bonds, learn more about each champion’s story and his motivation to get involved.
- The stronger the Bond players, the higher their overall Sentinel HQ level. Strengthening bonds and raising prices at the HQ level: themed decorations, reproduction marks and one of 6 champs for free.
Throughout the Wild Rift ecosystem, players can learn more and get involved in the overall story:
- Sentinels of Light: Steadfast Heart, a series of comics featuring Sentinels of Light joining forces in the fight against the Ruined King and the Black Mist, will be released throughout the event and will be available for reading each week in the Wild Rift app or on universe.leaofoflegends.com.
- The unique AR experience invites players to explore the Sentinel Outpost and take the oath of light to become Sentinels themselves, now available online.
- More surprises await in the middle of the Black Mist …
During July and August, a number of new content for game canons will be released:
- July 8 – Lucian, Senna
- July 27 – Akshan and new skins: Sentinel Irelia, Sentinel Riven, Sentinel Vayne, Ruined Draven, Ruined Miss Fortune, Ruined Shyvana
Legends of Runeterra (July 14 – August 10)
Legends of Runeterra will have its second Champion Expansion, a new Event Pass and new personalization items.
- LoR’s second championship expansion: In the spirit Expansion of Aphelios champions released in February, mini expansions featuring Viego & Akshan, along with 21 other new collectible cards with followers, spells and landmarks focused on Ruination and Sentinels of Light.
- Ticket for the “Declare Your Devotion” event: Players will be able to choose between the Lost or Sentinel Event Passes and receive themed rewards for their side depending on who they join.
- Players cannot choose a side once they have chosen, but after collecting all the rewards of their side, they will start collecting rewards from the opposite side (except for a few exclusive items).
- A non-canon metagame event will also monitor the support of each party. At the end of the Sentinels of Light, all participating players will receive a reward in the game based on the winning side (regardless of which team they have teamed up with).
- New personalization items: LoR’s Sentinels of Light launches Sentinels HQ, as well as Ruined & Sentinels Guardians, Card Backs, Emotes and 7 new canon skins:
- Sentinel Irelia (contains new animation one level up)
- Sentinel Diana
- Sentinel Riven
- Destroyed Shyvana
- Destroyed karma
- Destroyed Draven
Teamfight Tactics (July 21)
Join the Order’s units and continue fighting Chaos Peng in Teamfight Tactics Reckoning: Dawn of Heroes to kick Black Mist out of convergence once and for all. The Teamfight Tactics Reckoning Mid-set update will include:
- Shining objects and completely new blessings replace Shadow objects
- Radiant Items are extremely powerful versions of their basic counterparts limited to a single player, so choose wisely.
- Radiant Blessings are awarded to players when they fall below 40 health to help them get back into combat. They can include champions, items, gold, spatulas and consumables.
- New champions, origins and classes, including Sentinels Origin and Akshan
- New set pass with arenas, booms, Order Peng and more.
- Sentinel Hauntling, Craggle and Flutterbug Little Legends
During the event, Valorant players will have the opportunity to purchase two themed weapon packs, Ruination and Sentinels, at different times in July. Game maps will irritate / promote the event with themed billboards and Valorant influencing to bring back “flat lay” for both skins.
- July 8: Ruin package: Melee, Phantom, Ghost, Specter, Guardian
- Skin package for Ruination Weapon including own melee (Blade of the Ruined King), 3 color variants (also for melee) and accessories (Gun Buddy, Spray, Card)
- July 21: Sentinels of Light package: Melee, Vandal, Operator, Sheriff, Ares
- Sentinels of Light Weapon skin package including custom melee (Relic of the Sentinel), 3 color variants (also for melee) and accessories (Gun Buddy, Spray, Card)