The poster boy Street Fighter got to Angel Grove City and guest starred as a playable character in Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid. Ryu, like the Crimson Hawk Ranger, brings much of his Street Fighter sensitivity into the Power Rangers when he played directly from his home series – or more accurately, some players like his iteration of Marvel vs. Capcom.
Battle for the Grid players who bring their signature Hadoken, Shoryuken and other moves will have to acclimatize to its more traditional Street Fighter-based buttons and entrances. We definitely hope you know how to make a quarter circle. Ryu is often considered the “standard” and default Street Fighter character for new players, but in the world of Battle for the Grid he could be considered a more advanced choice. Ryu is quite strong, has special zoning moves and lots of combo potential.
Ryu’s main unique attacks give opponents a decent stun time, with his regular special being a hook and his air special being a kick.
- Tsukiage Upper – Special
- Tobi Geri – (in the air) Special
- Clavicle breaker – Forward + Medium
Quarterly circle forward (down, down forward, forward) + easy / medium / heavy
Ryu’s trademarked ball is suitable for zoning and will cause different damage depending on whether you attack using the Light, Medium or Heavy input.
Quarterly circle back (down, down back, back) + easy / medium / heavy
This tornado kick hits an opponent once, twice or three times, depending on whether you use light, medium or heavy entry. You can also do it in the air.
Jodan Sokutou Geri
Quarter Circle Back + Light (after the intervention of Tatsumaki Senpukyaku)
Follow up on your tornado kick forward.
Forward, Down, Down Forward + Light / Medium / Heavy
Ryu’s classic hook will take you and your opponent up, with the amount of damage and hits depending on your Light, Medium or Heavy entry.
Use part of your Super meter to perform EX versions of your special moves.
- Hanto Hadoken – Quarter Circle Forward + (Light + Medium) / (Medium + Heavy)
- EX Tatsumaki Senpukyaku – Quarter Circle Back + (Light + Medium) / (Medium + Heavy)
- Airborne EX Tatsumaki Senpukyaku – (in the air) Quarter Circle Back + (Light + Medium) / (Medium + Heavy)
- Shin Shoryuken – Forward, Down, Down Forward + (Light + Medium) / (Medium + Heavy)
- EX Shoryuken – Light + Special
Your Super Attacks add a bit of cinematic flair.
- Shinku Hadoken – Heavy + Special
- Airborne Shinku Hadoken – (in the air) Heavy + Special