It’s another major Pokemon Go event, which means Start research is back on the cards.
If you are unfamiliar, Jump-Start Research is the only special research task to help players who are new to Pokemon Go or players who return after a while.
Jump-Start’s six-part research tasks will introduce you to all the key aspects of the game – from hatching eggs and taking pictures to battles in raids or against other coaches. His rewards, meanwhile, will help you get some iconic Pokémon of decent quality, such as Dragonite, Lapras and Glossy Eevee. In principle, this is a necessary research task.
The Jump-Start Science Branch has been available twice – in the summer of 2019 and in the summer of 2020. It is returning this year and will run during the fifth anniversary of Pokemon Go, until July 15th. However, this special research will not expire – so once you catch it during the event, you can finish your sweet time.
Addition You can also complete the Jump-Start survey only onceat all. If you picked up and completed tasks in the previous year, they will still be marked as completed in your special to-do list, so you won’t be able to run them again.
Pokemon Go Jump-Start research tasks and rewards
As we said above, at the time of writing, players have until July 15, 20:00 local time, to open the “Special” Tasks menu and receive a Jump-Start survey. To open this menu, press the orange button in the lower right corner of Pokemon Go. The following menu contains three cards – Today, Field and Special. Today there are current events, while Field of course refers to the Field Research tasks in the current month. Special refers to special lines of tasks – including Jump-Start research.
Remember that this research is focused on helping new players or helping returning players catch up. Pokemon, Candy and EXP rewards are not the most interesting for experienced players, but they are great for beginners. If you’re new and low-level, be sure to use the Lucky Eggs you earn as rewards while completing quests to maximize your XP profits.
Jump-Start Research is a six-part task, with each of the six parts having three tasks that you must complete to receive different rewards. Here are the tasks and their rewards:
Jump-Start Research 1/6
- Find a new friend (reward 5,000 XP)
- Catch 3 Pokémon with Weather Boost (reward 5,000 XP)
- Hatch an Egg (reward 5000 XP)
- Completion rewards: 2x Lucky Eggs, 15,000 Stardust, Dratini Encounter
Jump-Start Research 2/6
- Get Candy by Walking with a Friend (30x Dratini Candy Reward)
- Take a picture of Dratini (30x Dratini Candy Reward)
- Develop Dratini (10,000 XP reward)
- Completion rewards: 1x Premium Raid Pass, 15,000 Stardust, 2x Lucky Eggs
- Note: For the final mission in this research, you will need a Dragonair, which you will develop from Dratini. Don’t develop it right away unless you have more Dratini and spare candies.
Jump-Start Research 3/6
- Turn on Pokémon 10 times (reward 15,000 XP)
- Fight with another coach in the Grand League (reward 15,000 ZK)
- Battle in the Raid (reward 15,000 ZK)
- Completion rewards: 2x Lucky Eggs, 15,000 XP, 2x Star Piece
Jump-Start Research 4/6
- Catch 5 different types of Pokémon (Chimchar meet reward)
- Catch the legend from either Exploration Breakthrough or Raid (reward for meeting Piplup)
- Hatch 3x eggs (Turtwig reward for meeting)
- Rewards: 2x Lucky Eggs, 15,000 Stardust, Shiny Eevee Encounter
Jump-Start Research 5/6
- Take a snapshot of Eevee (reward 30,000 XP)
- Send 5 gifts to your friends (reward 30,000 XP)
- Swap 3 Pokémon (30,000 XP Reward)
- Completion rewards: 30,000 XP, 2x Lucky Eggs, Lapras Encounter
Jump-Start Research 6/6
- Find a new friend (60x Dratini Candy Reward)
- Win Raid Level 3 or higher (60x Dratini Candy Reward)
- Evolve a Dragonair (reward 100,000 XP)
- Completion rewards: 2x Lucky Eggs. 100,000 XP, 15,000 Stardust