Pokemon Go continues to celebrate its 5th anniversary, this time with a new collection challenge and lots of time-limited research missions.
The new fifth anniversary collection and field research have nicely combined with other celebratory elements of the game for this milestone, including the return of jump start research and the debut of a new form of Pikachu flying with balloons. While all of these things are going on, much more about Pokémon continues to tick in the background, including current field research and egg hatching missions.
On this page, we explain the Fifth Anniversary Collection and its rewards, and provide a list of fifth anniversary research missions. Here is:
List of rewards and Pokémon for the fifth anniversary
As with other festivities, it’s not just about celebrating the game – it’s also about getting those sweet rewards. The rewards in the Pokemon Go Fifth Anniversary Collection and Pokemon List are not destructive, but they are worth chasing, especially since you have more than a week to do so.
For fulfilling the fifth annual Pokemon Go collection before it expires on January 15 at 20:00 local time, you will be able to receive a reward of 3x Rare Candy, 80x Pokeballs and a guaranteed meeting with Flying Pikachu with balloons including the 5th anniversary balloon.
The Pokémon you have to catch can almost all be found universally in one of three different ways – although there are a few exceptions, as we will notice. Here’s how you should catch the Pokemon’s collecting challenge:
- In the wild: every Pokémon in this quest except three can be found in regular wild spawns. Remember that using incense can help increase the number of discoveries.
- Bait modules: every Pokémon needed for this task is attracted to use Lure Modules for the entire fifth anniversary event. The baits also last an hour during the event. Throwing the bait is probably the best and easiest way to try to find everyone.
- Raids: the four rarest Pokémon in this collection are Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie and Flying Pikachu. All four appear in one-star raids throughout the annual event.
- Field research: All but one of the Pokémon required for the collection can be found as a reward for one piece of Field Research or another. Check out our complete Field Research list from July 2021 for more information you need to fill out to start a meeting with each Pokémon.
To be clear, here are the creatures you’ll need to grab to challenge the fifth anniversary of Pokemon Go and where to find them:
- Flying Pikachu
Pokemon Go Fifth Anniversary Research and Rewards
As well as the call to gather, your regular list of field research missions is, of course, supplemented by several other special missions for the fifth anniversary only. These missions will randomly multiply when you dial Pokestop around the world during the fifth anniversary event until July 20 local time on July 15. finish it.
Many of these missions, as a gift that you will encounter with the Pokémon itself, are required to complete the Collection challenge above. Here is Research tasks for the 5th anniversary and their rewards:
- Catch 5 Pokémon: Bulbasaur / Charmander / Squirtle Encounters
- Use 5 berries to capture Pokémon encounters: Chikorita / Cyndaquil / Totodile
- Take 5 pictures of a wild Pokémon: Treecko / Torchic / Mudkip
- Make 5 great throws: meet Turtwig / Chimchar / Piplup
- Send 5 gifts to friends: Meeting Snivy / Tepig / Oshawott
- Turn 5 PokeStops or Gyms: Chespin / Fennekin / Froakie Encounters
- Get 2 candies by walking with a friend: 8x Pokeballs