Season 3 of MLB Show 21 Team Affinity was officially launched on July 12, on the eve of the All-Star Game MLB 2021. This program has a star theme because each player in this program has been selected to participate in this year’s Star Game. So what do you have to do for this season? Let’s take a look at how programs work, how to make progress, and what the rewards are for each program.
How does it work
Season 3 works a lot like Seasons 1 and 2. MLB Show players will need to earn TA points to progress in the program. You can earn TA points by clearing season 3, moments, collections and missions.
Here’s how the program rewards fall apart for each division:
- 5 points – single choice package
- 10 points – Team Affinity Pack (x2)
- 15 points – single choice package (x2)
- 20 points – space 1 package of options
- 25 points – single choice package (x2)
- 30 point pack – Division Boss Choice Pack
- 35 points – Division Live Series Pack (x2)
- 40 points – Team Affinity Pack (x4)
- Package of 45 points – Space 2
- 50 points – Division Boss Choice Pack
- 55 points – team affinity packages (x5)
- 60 points – Ballin ‘is a Habit Pack
- 65 points – pack of headliners (set depends on distribution)
- 70 points – Boss Choice Pack
- 75 points – pack of headliners (set depends on distribution)
- Package of 80 points – space 3, selection
- 85-point pack – Division Boss Choice Pack
- 90 points – Team Affinity Packs (x5)
- 95 points – Ballin ‘is a Habit Pack
- 100 points – Boss Choice Pack
Who are the bosses?
As already mentioned, the bosses of this season are all MLB All-Stars. Each team has one boss and the full list of season 3 bosses can be found here.
Most bosses are in the 95-98 OVR range, while Mets ace Jacob deGrom is a lone 99 OVR card.
How to approach season 3
You will need 100 TA points to complete each division. You should start with the Legend & Flashback Collection for each division. In order to complete six collections (180 in total), you will need 30 cards from each division, but this will give you 10 TA points from the bat. Then complete five missions for each division and add another 15 points to each division.
At this point, it’s really up to you how you want to handle it. Showdown vouchers each give four TA points, so grinding Season 3 Showdown is a credible way.
In addition, you can also complete repeatable missions with players from these divisions in both online and offline play. You can also add the bosses you gain to your sets and complete player-specific missions to earn more TA points. Don’t forget to check the missions to find out what you have to do with each player.
Unfortunately, there are no shocks in season 3, so completing this season will be a little harder. It is still completely feasible, but it will most likely take longer.
Are seasons 1 and 2 still open?
Yes, seasons 1 and 2 are still open. You will still be able to progress towards both Season 1 and Season 2. And in fact, you will most likely make progress towards the next two seasons as you move towards season 3 prices.