For a limited time, you can catch Mass Effect’s Normandy SR1 as a frigate in No Man’s Sky.
Cross-over event in No Man’s Sky is part of the Beachhead Expedition game update, and you only have until 31 May to unlock Normandy SR1.
For the past week, the expedition community has been working on solving the puzzle of its “encrypted targets.”
Today, players have discovered that the look of the SSV Normandy SR1 from Mass Effect is a mystery.
All players will have to complete the expedition if they finally want to add the ship to their frigate fleet forever.
This is also the fifth anniversary of No Man’s Sky, and the Hello Games team has another “surprise” up their sleeve with more information promised soon.
A correction was issued with the addition of the Mass Effect. Notes are below.
- Added the ability to release a frigate from your cargo fleet through the Fleet Management terminal.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Expedition rewards from being paid to players who had already received a portion of the reward at the Quicksilver store.
- Players starting the Beachhead expedition will now start with available warp fuel.
- Fixed an issue that could have prevented Nada, Polo, and other Space Anomaly residents from offering the right opportunities for dialogue when spoken to in abandoned systems.
- Fixed an issue that caused Atlas Fireworks to have no sound.
- We fixed an issue that prevented the fleet from advancing if players skipped the initial conversations with the navigator and immediately built a Fleet Terminal.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Historiographic Dosimeter from being redeemed from the expedition rewards section at the Quicksilver store.