As part of a broader content plan for Marvel’s Avengers, the Black Widow-themed Red Room Takeover promises to shake up the HARM Rooms with some challenges while providing players with some killer cosmetics. It turns out that this event is divided into two parts, the first is called Rooskaya protocols. This part of the action presents a series of chains of missions specific to heroes when you discover a mysterious computer virus that infects AIM Synthoids.
Rooskaya Protocols Mission Chains
Each of these mission chains includes a specific playable hero and either the location or the type of mission in the game. Overall, you will need to collect Rooskaya protocol tokens from the fallen Synthoids during the battle, and Black Widow must be a member of your strike team. In total, you must collect 300 Rooskaya protocol chips, which will count as a target against all the mission chains listed below. Next, complete the following hero or mission objectives specific to these mission chains.
- Protocol: Badlands
- Complete 5 Warzone missions in the Utah Badlands
- Defeat 20 enemies while the heroic Rally Cry Captain America is active
- Defeat 30 enemies with the heroic Steamroller Captain America
- Defeat 50 enemies with the heroic hero Brooklyn Brawler from Captain America
- Protocol: Faction
- Complete 3 factional missions like any hero
- Defeat 30 enemies with ranged attacks using Hawkeye’s Bow
- Defeat 30 enemies using Hawkeye’s Nightstorm Arrow Hero
- Defeat 50 enemies using Hawkeye’s Hunter’s Arrow Hero
- Protocol: Threat
- Complete 5 sectors of threats like any hero
- Defeat 20 enemies mocked by the heroic Hulk Boneshaker
- Defeat 30 enemies using Hulk’s Stranglehold heroism
- Defeat 50 enemies using Hulk’s Thunderclap heroism
- Protocol: Dropzone
- Complete 6 Dropzones like any hero
- Defeat 20 enemies while Ironman’s Arc Overload heroic is active
- Defeat 30 enemies with Iron Man’s Unibeam heroic
- Defeat 50 enemies with Iron Man’s Hulkbuster Heroic
- Protocol: Seaboard
- Complete 5 Warzone missions in the East Coast area
- Defeat 20 enemies while the ability of Mrs. Marvel Polymorph is active
- Defeat 30 enemies using the high five hero Mrs. Marvel
- Defeat 50 enemies using the heroic game Embiggen from Mrs. Marvel
- Protocol: Villain
- Complete 2 villain sector missions like any hero
- Defeat 30 enemy ranged attacks using Kate’s Bow
- Defeat 30 enemies using Kate’s Warp Arrow Hero
- Defeat 50 enemies with Kate’s Quantum Overdrive heroic
- Protocol: Vault
- Complete 3 Vault missions like any hero
- Defeat 20 enemies while Thor’s Warrior’s Fury is active
- Defeat 30 enemies using Thor’s God Blast Heroic
- Defeat 50 enemies using Thor’s Bifrost heroism
- Protocol: Priority
- Complete 2 priority iconic missions like any hero
- Defeat 20 enemies while Heroic Black Widow Veil of Shadows is active
- Defeat 30 enemies with Black Widow’s Widow’s Bite
- Defeat 50 enemies using the heroic game Power Widge from Black Widow
Rewards Rooskaya Protocols
Completing any of the above chains of missions will reward you with an animated epic label by the Rooskaya Protocol Team. Protocol Completion: Badlands, Protocol: Faction, Protocol: Threat, and Protocol: Priority will each give you Polychoron resources, while Completing Protocol: Dropzone, Protocol: Seaboard, Protocol: Villain, or Protocol: Vault will collect you upgrade modules.
In addition to mission rewards, the event marketplace also has hero-specific labels for the event. Get labels for specific heroes during this date:
- May 6 – May 13: Iron Man, Mrs. Marvel, Kate Bishop, Captain America
- May 13 – May 20: Black Widow, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye
Similarly, hero-specific Red Room clothing is available in the Marketplace during certain time periods.
- May 6 – May 13: Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye
- May 13 – May 20: Iron Man, Mrs. Marvel, Kate Bishop, Captain America
Finally, there is also Avengers: Endgame Legendary Outfit from Black Widow Marvel Studios, the first of some MCU cosmetics to come into play.
How long is the Rooskaya Protocols event?
The Rooskaya Protocols segment of the Red Room Takeover will run from May 6 to May 20 at 13:00 ET. Then the takeover of the Red Room will start properly.