Death’s Door is a new adventure similar to Zelda’s with challenging bosses, fun puzzles and a stunning but somewhat spooky artistic style. Most of the time, we think the main indie will go to the Xbox Game Pass immediately, because Microsoft has set this expectation, whether for better or for worse. Will Death’s Door join the long legacy of independent Xbox Game Pass titles when it’s released on July 20th? Read on to find out.
The crow hits one
Unfortunately, Death’s Door will not be available through the Xbox Game Pass at least on the first day, Devolver Digital confirmed this to us on July 7th. While the publisher has supported subscription services with titles such as Absolver, Broforce, Ape Out, Carrion and Shadow Warrior 2 in the past, Death’s Door will not be joining the service so soon. There’s a chance she might be on duty a year later, but her fun struggle and interesting world may tempt you to play it sooner than when shopping full time.
However, there is another way …
Although Death’s Door does not target an Xbox Game Pass subscription, there are many alternatives for subscribers. These games have either a top-down Zelda style and / or a spooky atmosphere that you can enjoy:
- Alice: Madness Returns (Console)
- Plague Story: Innocence (console, PC, cloud)
- Carrion (console, PC, cloud)
- Darksiders Genesis (console, PC, cloud)
- Don’t Starve: Giant Edition (console, PC, cloud)
- Going Under (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Hollow Knight: Voidheart Ediion (console, PC, cloud)
- Limbo (console, PC, cloud)