In North America, the standard language used for the PS5 is English, so it can be quite frustrating for Spanish and French gamers to play titles in the preferred way. Fortunately, for most games, there is a quick way to change it for more languages, not just French and Spanish. Here’s an example of how to do both of these steps. Remember that sometimes you only need to follow the second step.
1) Change language
- In the main menu, scroll to the desired game and press options
- Select “Manage game content” and press X
- From here you can scroll down to the desired language. For Fortnite, Spanish is the second language available, while French is below. It is not in alphabetical order, so the list of individual games may vary.
- When the highlight is above the preferred language, press right on the D-Pad to switch to the download symbol. Press X and then it will install.
- We do not recommend deleting the English language, as this is essential for some games.
2) How to change the console language
Unfortunately, if you only take the first step, you will still see this game in English. To change this, you will also need to change the console language. It’s easy if you follow these instructions:
- Scroll to the gear symbol in the upper right corner of the main menu. Press X.
- Hover over “System”
- The console language should already be highlighted. Press X and switch to any language you want.