One of the challenges in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 Week 5 is to deploy some alien nanites. That means you have to find them first, which is a bit awkward at the moment.
Alien nanites should appear on the chest and as prey, but are relatively rare. They usually occur on hijackers that hover over the island and transport people near the mother ship at the beginning of the match. Eventually, they can reproduce from the chest in the Mothership robbery at the end of a mini-battle royale held there by aliens.
Deploying extraterrestrial nanites basically means throwing. They can be used as a grenade and thrown, creating a large block of new environment that will transfer low gravity to anyone inside. Players can aim a crosshair and jump floating around it.
For now, Holly Hatchery, which replaced Holly Hedges on the west side of the island, is a good place to find them on the island.
The rest of the challenges of Chapter 2 of Season 7, Week 5 can be found below:
- Destroy computer equipment on satellite stations or in the Corny complex – (0/3) 30,000 XP
- Damage to IC guards – (0/250) 30,000 ZK
- Eliminate intruders – (0/2) 30,000 ZK
- Cause damage to ICs or alien weapons – (0/500) 30,000 ZK
- Loot drops – (0/2) 30,000 XP
- Damage the plate with the pilot inside – (0/800) 30,000 ZK
- Open the IO chest on the satellite station or Corny Complex – (0/1) 30,000 XP
- Get Sloane orders from the payphone (0/1) – 15,000 XP
- Interaction with CB Radio (0/1) – 45,000 XP
- Place gift gifts in Holly Hatchery (0/2) – 30,000 XP
- Apply extraterrestrial nanites (0/1) – 30,000 ZK
- Dance near Zyg and Choppy (0/1) – 30,000 XP
- Get infected with an alien parasite and talk to Sunny (0/1) – 30,000 XP