GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a computer program that allows you to edit images in a variety of ways.
The features of this amazing free software allow you to let the creative part play. The effectiveness of the tools contained in this software will surely get you started on your creative journey.
This software is built as a hybrid between the key features of Photoshop and the ease of use of Microsoft Paint.
If you want to learn how to use GIMP 2.10, you might want to read the instructions from their website.
The wide range of reading materials allows you to learn every step of how to use the software easily and efficiently.
Reaching the end of your learning process will ensure that you have all the tools required to create amazing works of art.
If you do not own this software yet, you can just download GIMP, while also reading about the features and functions included in this incredibly versatile app.
How can I use GIMP 2.10 more efficiently?
1. Straighten the horizon
- Select Measuring tools in the toolbox on the left.
- Click on the horizon in the image and drag the selection box to select an area.
- Go to Tool options.
- Change Editing to Crop to result.
- Hit Correct.
- Navigate to Picture > Crop to content.
Note: In step 5, if you are not happy with the result, you can click on Regret button to crop it again.
2. Cropping images in GIMP 2.10
- click on Pruning tool.
- You can also press SHIFT + C combination to select the crop tool.
- Click and drag the cursor to select the area of the image you want to crop.
Note: Hold to maintain the aspect ratio SHIFT while cropping the image in step 2.
3. Change image colors
- click on Colors.
- Select Hue saturation.
- Use the saturation slider to adjust to increase image colors.
For more modification, you can customize the yellow, blue, cyan, red, gray and magenta areas in the image. If GIMP leaves marked edges around the modified colors.
4. Adjust the white balance on your photo
Adjust the white balance automatically
- click on Colors.
- Select Cars.
- click on White balance.
Adjust the white balance manually
- Select Colors.
- click on Levels.
- Click on the pipette icon at the bottom of the new window.
- Put a gray dot on the picture.
The gray dot is an area of the image with natural colors. The rest of the colors will be based on the gray area.
Reassign shortcuts in GIMP 2.10
- click on Edit menu button.
- Go to Keyboard shortcuts.
- Map the keyboard shortcuts in Configure hotkeys dialog window.
Changing the keyboard shortcuts is smart if you are already used to those from another photo editor; Photoshop, for example.
6. Remove the background of an image
- Cut out the object in the foreground with Fuzzy Select tools (optional).
- Sketch the foreground image using Free choice tool.
- Go to Edit and select Cut. Or use CTRL + C shortcut.
- click on Edit Menu.
- Go to Paste as and select New team.
- On Layer palette.
- Right-click on the layer before the layer is created.
- Select To a new team from the context menu.
To smooth the edges of the new layer you are gluing, you can go to Select> Edge. From Border Selection By felt. Select here 2 px.
7. Resize images without losing quality
- click on Picture.
- Select Image size.
- Uncheck the box next to it Resample Image.
- Go back to Picture.
- Select Scale image.
- Change the unit of measure from pixels to inches.
- From Interpolation field, select NoHalo.
- Hit Save.
Note: LoHalo and NoHalo originate from the Sinc option in previous editions of GIMP.
You can download GIMP and also read our thorough review of the features of this software, how to use it, and how to get the most out of it.
If you master the use of GIMP 2.10, you will be able to create amazing art, create vision boards and edit your holiday photos with just a few mouse clicks.
If there is a very useful tip missing in this, how to use the GIMP 2.10 guide, please let us know in the comments below.