Although Windows 10 is a free improve for all Windows 7 and Windows 8 users, that doesn’t imply that upgrades are all the time easy. The user has reported error 0x800704DD-0x90016 throughout Windows 10 setup, so let’s have a look at if we will fix this indirectly.
If you get error 0x800704DD-0x90016 whereas upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8, observe this straightforward answer.
What ought to I do in case you can not set up Windows 10 due to an error 0x800704DD-0x90016
0x800704DD-0x90016 errors might be problematic and it could stop you from putting in Windows 10. When speaking about this error message, there are some common issues that users skilled:
- Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Error 0x800704dd 0x90016 – This error often seems if you don’t use an administrator account. To fix it pcounsel that you just change to an administrator account and take a look at working the Media Creation Tool once more.
- 0x800704dd-0x90016 Windows 10 Notebook PC – This downside may seem on the laptop. If you encounter this downside, simply carry out a clear boot and disable your Internet connection throughout installation.
Solution 1 – Switch to the administrator account
If you’re unable to put in Windows 10 due to 0x800704DD-0x90016 errors, this downside could also be due to lack of administrative privileges. To resolve this concern, merely log in to Windows utilizing the administrator account and take a look at working the setup once more.
If you would not have an administrator account accessible, you’ll be able to create one by doing the next:
- To open Settings app. You can do it rapidly utilizing Windows Key + I shortcut.
- When Settings app opens, go to Contours part.
- Select Family and other individuals from the menu on the left. Click now Add another person to this PC in the best pane.
- You can be requested to offer login data for the brand new user. Select I would not have this particular person’s login data.
- Select now Add a user with out a Microsoft account.
- Enter the specified username and click on Next.
Once you may have created a brand new user account, you will want to transform it to the administrator account. To achieve this, observe these steps:
- IN Settings app go to Accounts> Family and other individuals.
- Find your new account and choose Change account sort.
- Set Account sort to Administrator and click on OK.
After creating a brand new administrator account, change to it and take a look at working the installation once more.
Solution 2 – Activate hidden administrator account
As we already talked about in our earlier answer, 0x800704DD-0x90016 errors can happen in case you would not have the required privileges, however you’ll be able to acquire these privileges just by utilizing an administrator account.
If you do not need to create a brand new user account, you’ll be able to all the time activate the hidden administrator account and use it to put in Windows 10. All variations of Windows have this hidden account accessible, and you may change to it by doing the next:
- Start The immediate as an administrator. The simplest way to do that is to press Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt (Administrator) or PowerShell (administrator) from the menu.
- When The immediate opens, runs net user administrator / energetic: sure command to activate the hidden account.
After you run this command, the hidden administrator account must be activated and you should have entry to it. After accessing the brand new administrative account, attempt putting in Windows 10.
If the method is profitable, you’ll be able to disable the hidden administrative account by beginning The immediate and working webmaster administrator / energetic:no command.
This methodology is sort of efficient, particularly if you do not need to create a brand new user account, so you could need to attempt it.
Solution 3 – Disable / uninstall your antivirus software
Having antivirus program is essential, however generally your antivirus program can intervene with the installation of Windows 10 and trigger 0x800704DD-0x90016 errors to look. Your antivirus program prevents sure functions from modifying the system information, which might result in this downside.
To resolve this concern, it is strongly recommended to disable your antivirus program earlier than making an attempt to put in Windows 10. If disabling the antivirus program doesn’t assist, it is strongly recommended that you just take away the antivirus program fully and attempt to run the installation once more. To be certain that your antivirus program is totally eliminated, obtain and run the devoted elimination device on your antivirus program.
After your antivirus program is eliminated, you’ll be able to attempt to set up Windows 10 once more and the error 0x800704DD-0x90016 shouldn’t be displayed. If you’ll be able to full the installation course of, it’s best to take into account putting in a brand new antivirus program on your PC.
Bitdefender gives the most effective safety on the market and is totally suitable with Windows 10 so it doesn’t intervene along with your system in any manner. If you’re searching for and dependable antivirus program, Bitdefender could also be simply what you want.
Solution 4 – Disconnect pointless USB units
If you may have a 0x800704DD-0x90016 error whereas attempting to put in Windows 10, the issue could also be your USB units. Certain USB units corresponding to exterior laborious drives, card readers, and so on can generally intervene with the installation of Windows 10.
To be certain that the installation course of runs easily, we advocate that you just disconnect all USB units besides the keyboard and mouse and the installation media. When you disconnect all USB units, you should not have any downside with it.
Solution 5 – Perform a clear boot
Third-party functions can generally intervene with the installation of Windows 10, and in case you proceed to get 0x800704DD-0x90016, you could need to attempt disabling startup functions and companies. This is sort of simple to do and you are able to do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows key + R, enter msconfig and click on OK or press enter.
- System configuration window goodbye. Go to Services fanen. Now it is advisable check Hide all Microsoft companies optionn and click on Disable all button.
- Go to now Start-up tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- List of everybody functions at the moment are displayed. Now it is advisable disable all startup functions. To achieve this, right-click the primary program within the record and choose Disable. Repeat this for all entries within the record.
- After disabling startup applications, return to System configuration window. Click now Apply and OK to avoid wasting the modifications and restart the PC.
ONEWhen you do that, all startup functions can be disabled. Try putting in Windows 10 once more and see if the issue continues to be there.
Solution 6 – Disconnect from the Internet throughout installation
According to users, in case you are attempting to put in Windows 10 utilizing the ISO file, you will want to disconnect from the Internet. To be on the secure aspect, disconnect the Ethernet cable, or in some circumstances, even take away the wi-fi adapter from the PC.
After doing so, attempt putting in Windows 10 once more.
Solution 7 – Download the ISO from one other PC
Sometimes the ISO file you employ to put in Windows 10 just isn’t good, and it could trigger 0x800704DD-0x90016 errors to look. This generally is a downside, however a number of users reported you could resolve the problem by downloading the ISO file on one other PC and utilizing that ISO to put in Windows 10.
This appears like an uncommon answer, however users declare that it really works, so you could need to give it a attempt.
Solution 8 – Run the Windows Update debugger
If you proceed to get 0x800704DD-0x90016 errors whereas attempting to put in Windows 10, you might be able to resolve the problem by working the Windows Update debugger. Windows has many troubleshooters, and they’re designed to routinely scan your system and fix varied issues. To run the Windows Update debugger, merely do the next:
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings app.
- Now navigate to Update and safety part.
- Select Troubleshooting from the menu on the left. Select Windows replace from the record and click on on Run the debugger button.
Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the uninstallation of your troubleshooter.exe-associated program. When the troubleshooting is full, attempt putting in Windows 10 once more.
We hope that our options have been helpful and that you’ve got been capable of fix errors 0x800704DD-0x90016 on your pc.