Many users reported that they skilled an annoying drawback when making an attempt to make use of BBC iPlayer on their gadget.
When you attempt to play content material on BBC iPlayer, the 02001 error seems on the screen with the next message:
Something went wrong whereas loading this program. This is normally a short lived drawback. You can do this program once more or attempt one other program.
Although the software itself is responsible normally, your gadgets may also set off this challenge. To clear up the issue, we now have compiled an inventory of options that you need to use proper now.
How can I fix the BBC iPlayer 02001 error?
1. Reset the web connection
- First restart the PC. If that doesn’t assist, fix this iPlayer error by updating your web connection. Just disconnect the gadget from the web and reconnect it.
- If you employ a wired connection, you’ll be able to merely disconnect the cable and reconnect it. A wi-fi connection would require you to deactivate and activate the connection by means of the gadget settings.
- Consider performing a tough reset of the modem / router as effectively. Turn off the modem / router and wait 10 minutes earlier than turning it on once more.
Once you could have accomplished these duties, it is advisable to check if this solved the issue. If the 02001 error nonetheless persists, attempt the answer below.
2. Use a dependable VPN
BBC iPlayer is a superb web streaming, TV and radio service from the BBC delivered to viewers primarily based within the UK.
For those that don’t stay within the UK however need to benefit from the content material, utilizing a VPN service appears to be the very best answer.
Due to geographical limitations, users may additionally encounter the 02001 error which prevents them from persevering with streaming. But a dependable VPN service will do away with this drawback very quickly.
Our VPN advice offers you entry to geographically restricted content material, such because the BBC’s iPlayer and plenty of others. In addition, you profit from the highest-class knowledge encryption and safe connections.
To stream BBC iPlayer media, the next VPN service affords limitless bandwidth and hundreds of servers obtainable.
3. Update sensible TV firmware
3.1 Update the firmware routinely
- Press Menu on the distant control.
- Select Support menu, and choose Software replace.
- Select Update nowand choose Yes if there are updates discovered.
Also, if you’re in search of the very best browser for streaming films and TV reveals, take a better take a look at our detailed information for the very best choices to choose from.
3.2 Update the firmware utilizing a USB flash drive
- Find the gadget mannequin on the sticker on the again of the TV or from the gadget menu in Support part.
- Get entry to official Samsung website, enter the gadget mannequin and obtain the updates, copy them to the USB flash afterwards.
- Make positive you copy the replace recordsdata after extracting the archive, and ensure the USB flash is formatted as a FAT32 sort.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the TV and entry it Support Menu.
- Select Software replace option and discover the option to replace the software utilizing a USB flash drive.
- The gadget routinely finds the up to date recordsdata.
- Confirm the replace set up and let the method run routinely.
After updating the firmware utilizing a USB flash drive, error 02001 on BBC iPlayer will usually disappear.
4. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app
- Press Home on the distant control, then choose APPSand choose Options.
- Now you’ll be able to choose iPlayer, and choose to Delete.
- Press Home on the distant control and go to APPS Menu.
- Select the app icon to entry Samsung Store.
- There you’ll be able to manually seek for iPlayer and choose to put in it.
- After putting in it, check for the resolved challenge.
Many users have confirmed that error 02001 disappeared utterly after putting in iPlayer, they usually had been capable of take pleasure in streaming.
We hope that these options helped you fix your BBC iPlayer 02001 error. For extra solutions or other questions, please go to the feedback part below.