If you skilled it MSI.netdevicemanager40 fatal error for set up of HP printer software, learn on. We’ve coated you.
Here’s what a Windows user reported to us:
Hi Windows Report,
I lately purchased a brand new HP Officejet 6000, I wished to put in the printer software from the CD, however as a substitute I received this error message: Fatal error MSI.netdevicemanager40. Any assist pls.
The reason for this fatal error is concerning the system in addition to the set up bundle. Your Windows PC could have issues with corrupt system drivers and / or the Windows registry. The set up software may additionally be defective.
However, the Windows Report crew has responded to MSI.netdevicemanager40 fatal bug issues by recruiting German options to this situation.
How can I fix MSI.netdevicemanager40 fatal error?
- Run SFC scan
- Uninstall all HP printer drivers / software
- Use CCleaner
- Disable the safety software
- Run Windows Update
- Remove spooler recordsdata and restart the spooler service
Method 1: Run SFC scan
Corrupt or lacking system recordsdata can forestall the set up of the printer from succeeding, leading to fatal MSI.netdevicemanager40 errors.
Therefore, you’ll be able to merely fix this error by utilizing Windows’ built-in system file control software. This software checks for file integrity violations and resolves corrupt system recordsdata.
To run an SFC scan in your Windows 10 PC:
- Go to Start> sort cmd> right-click Command Prompt> choose Run as Administrator.
- Now sort the command sfc / scannow.
- Wait for the scan course of to finish and restart the pc.
- All corrupted recordsdata are changed on reboot.
In addition, you can even use a devoted software, similar to Reimage Plus or TweakBit Driver, to replace the system drivers’ recordsdata.
- ALSO READ: How to Fix Error 79 on HP Printers
However, if you’re nonetheless unable to put in the printer set up bundle afterwards, you’ll be able to proceed to the subsequent technique.
Method 2: Uninstall all HP printer drivers / software
Software conflicts can happen if you attempt to set up a brand new HP printer within the presence of already put in HP printers. In less complicated phrases, HP purposes share related elements. Therefore, if you attempt to set up a brand new HP printer, software elements of preinstalled HP printers forestall you from ‘overriding’ these elements. This ends in MSI.netdevicemanager40 fatal error.
So it’s possible you’ll have to uninstall all current HP printer software out of your Windows PC.
Before doing so, nonetheless, we suggest that you simply take away preinstalled HP printers from accessible printers within the gadget listing. To do that:
- Go to Start> Type ‘Show units and printers’ with out quotes and press ‘Enter’
- In the Printers and Faxes part, right-click the preinstalled HP printer
- Select the “Remove Printer” option and comply with the directions.
Afterwards, you’ll be able to proceed to take away the software to take away current HP printers from ‘Programs and Features, after which set up the brand new one.
To do that:
- Click the Start button, after which click on Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features, or Uninstall a program beneath the Programs tab.
- In the listing of put in packages, seek for HP printer.
- Click the Uninstall button that seems on the prime of this system listing and comply with the directions to uninstall the HP printer software.
- Restart the PC afterwards.
- Now take away the brand new printer set up CD and insert it into the system
- Follow the directions to finish the brand new set up course of.
In addition, you’ll be able to contemplate downloading Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 Redistributable Package ; this installs runtime elements of Visual C ++ libraries required to run purposes such because the HP printer.
- READ ALSO: 10 finest uninstall software for PC users
Method 3: Use CCleaner
Inflated Windows registry, software residues, unused file varieties, lacking DLL recordsdata, and ActiveX and sophistication issues could cause MSI.netdevicemanager40 fatal error. Therefore, you must use CCleaner, which is really helpful to resolve a number of system issues.
To obtain, set up, and use CCleaner:
- obtain CCleaner free version or Download the CCleaner Pro model.
- Install and comply with the directions to finish the set up.
- After set up, launch CCleaner, after which click on the “Analyze” option.
- After CCleaner finishes scanning, click on “Run Cleaner”. Follow the directions to allow CCleaner to delete the short-term recordsdata.
You can even use other third-party registry cleaners. For extra info on the most effective registry cleaners to put in, check out our listing.
In the meantime, if MSI.netdevicemanager40 fatal error persists, you’ll be able to proceed to the subsequent technique.
Method 4: Disable the safety software
Some antivirus packages have “false positive” issues; which means they understand innocent codes as viruses after which block it from operating. This may be the reason for MSI.netdevicemanager40 fatal error in your Windows PC.
- ALSO READ: What ought to I do when antivirus blocks VPN
Therefore, it’s essential to disable the antivirus program, set up the HP printer software, after which activate the antivirus program afterwards.
To quickly disable Windows Defender:
- Right-click on the taskbar in Windows 10 and choose Task Manager.
- Select the Task Manager startup tab proven within the picture below.
- Now choose the antivirus software and press the Disable button.
- Antivirus software now not begins if you restart Windows.
Method 5: Run Windows Update
As we’ve mentioned earlier than, Microsoft Windows responds to issues like MSI.netdevicemanager40 fatal error by dropping updates to fix issues. In addition, the PC retains up to date and up-to-date repeatedly updating the Windows OS. This additionally helps remedy any other issues or issues it’s possible you’ll be experiencing.
ALSO READ: Fix: Cannot print with HP Envy printer after Windows 10 improve
To check and set up Windows Update:
- Go to Start
- Enter Windows Updates within the search subject
- Click Windows Updates Settings from the search outcomes
- Click Check for Updates
- Install the newest Windows updates
After updating your Windows PC, you’ll be able to proceed to put in the printer set up bundle. However, if you’re nonetheless experiencing fatal MSI.netdevicemanager40 error, you’ll be able to transfer on to the subsequent technique.
Method 6: Remove spooler recordsdata and restart the spooler service
Some Windows users bypassed the MSI.netdevicemanager40 fatal error by emptying spooler recordsdata, after which restarting the spooler service.
To do that:
- Click Start
- Go to the search box and sort Services
- Click Services from the search outcomes
- Under Services, double-click Print Spooler
- Select Stop after which OK
- Go to the search box once more and sort% WINDIR% system32spoolprinters
- Select the file folder. You want administrator privileges to entry it.
- Delete all of the folders within the folder
- Double-click Print Spools Again beneath Services
- Click Start
- Go to the Startup Type listing
- Select Automatic box
- Click Apply after which OK
- Install the printer software afterwards.
Finally, if the options don’t resolve MSI.netdevicemanager40 fatal error issues, you’ll be able to contact the printer producer (HP) for extra troubleshooting and assist based mostly on this error situation.
Did any of those options give you the results you want? Share with us your experiences within the feedback part below.