The Chrome extension secures the browser connection in your system, however when DotVPN does not work, it might probably put you at excessive threat for cybercrime.
Many users expertise issues with Chrome, because the Google browser typically does not work when paired with a VPN.
If you’ve issues with DotVPN, check the solutions we offered below.
What can I do if DotVPN does not work?
1. Check your web connection
- click on on connection icon out of your the taskbar.
- Select Show connection settings hyperlink from the drop-down listing.
- IN Network pop-up window, check when you see Connected standing.
2. Install a dependable VPN
To keep away from all the issues that Google Chrome or DotVPN can have, it’s wiser to choose a greater, dependable resolution.
PIA, for instance, is a dependable VPN shopper that’s completely fitted to interfering with Chrome.
Developed by Kape Technologies, Private Internet Access (PIA) is without doubt one of the quickest VPN apps, and it is value mentioning that their encryption technology is without doubt one of the greatest, so not even your ISP will know your intentions.
This will definitely improve your online expertise and you’ll not must cope with nerve-wracking Chrome issues.
What PIA gives:
- Over 3200 servers in 46 international locations
- Use non-public or customized DNS to guard your privateness
- Automatically connect with the closest VPN server
- No site visitors logs
- One subscription offers you assist for 10 gadgets
- Easy to put in
- No log coverage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Zero layers
3. Remove the Chrome browser information
- Open Google Chrome on the pc.
- Click in the appropriate nook of the tackle bar More.
- Click History – Remove searching information.
- On History web page, click on on Remove searching information option.
- Select timeframe. Select to delete the complete browser historical past Always.
- click on on Browser log, Cookies and other web site information, and Cached pictures and information check bins.
- Click Delete information.
4. Change the DNS settings
- Taskbarthen right-click Connection icon.
- click on on Network & Sharing Center and Select Replace adapter alternate options.
- Find the community connection, right-click on it and open Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol model 4 (TCP / IPv4) and enter its Properties.
- Once in Properties click on on Use the next DNS server addresses radio button.
- Navigate to Preferred DNS server and set it to 220.127.116.11.
- Go to Optional DNS server and enter 18.104.22.168.
- Click OK to configure the settings.
5. Enable Google Chrome in Windows Defender Firewall
- click on on Start icon on the taskbar and kind firewall.
- IN Windows Firewall screen, click on on Allow an app or function by way of Windows Firewall option.
Disable the proxy servers to your LAN
- Press Windows + R keys to open Run dialog box.
- Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter to see Internet properties.
- From Connection tab, click on on LAN settings.
- Uncheck Use a proxy server for LAN option and confirm it Detect settings routinely the option is checked.
- click on on OK and Apply buttons.
- Restart your pc.
7. Deactivate the firewall
- click on on Start icon from the taskbar.
- Type firewall and choose Windows Firewall from the outcomes.
- Select on the left of the screen Allow an app or function by way of Windows Defender Firewall, as you’ll be able to see within the image below:
- Search for SoftEther VPN on the listing and ensure to allow all connections (incoming and outgoing).
- Save settings and see if it resolved the error.
To sum up, when you notice that DotVPN is not working, it’s best to not go away your system weak to cyber assaults, so attempt to fix your downside utilizing one of many solutions supplied above.
If your downside persists, ship one other ticket DotVPN contact center.
If you’ve another resolution we did not point out, or any questions concerning these we recruited, please be at liberty to share it with us, within the feedback part below.