Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer comes with the usual range of new seasonal weapons. And with so many new gears to watch and test, the FOMO is real.
We’ve rounded out some of the most exciting new weapons below so you can keep an eye out for this season:
- Ignition code in Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer
- Exotic weapons in Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer – Cryosthesia 77k
- Hidden exotics in the Splicer – Vex Mythoclast season
- Reissue of the weapon of the cult of the future war
Ignition code in Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer
There are a lot of new weapons available in Season of the Splicer, but it is the conversation that ignites the most conversations.
This weapon is the only kinetic grenade launcher in the game, which is not currently limited by the game’s “latch” system, which prevents older weapons from leveling beyond a certain point.
With its lightweight frame, strong blast radius and grenade ricochet, it’s not hard to see why it’s fast becoming the new favorite of many Destiny 2 players.
However, the ignition code also contains a non-functional interaction that could potentially work in your favor (at least until it is likely to be fixed), as explained in the video below:
Exotic weapons in Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer – Cryosthesia 77k
Splicer season launched with a new exotic weapon: Cryosthesia 77k.
This pistol is the first weapon with stagnant energy added to the game and overall only with the second stagnant weapon. Free players will unlock it at level 35 of the new season, while Season Pass holders will have direct access to it.
Cryosthesia 77k has two advantages:
- LN2 Burst: (Basic / Indoor) Variable trigger: Press and release to fire individual shots. Hold to fire a charged wound when liquid cooling is active.
- Liquid cooling: (Basic / feature) Recent strikes with this weapon allow a short-term projectile. Targets hit by this shot are immediately frozen at the cost of the entire weapon magazine.
It has already been suggested that more new Exotics are on the way during the season, but so far the main event is Cryosthesia 77k.
Hidden exotics in the Splicer – Vex Mythoclast season
Season of the Splicer reintroduces the Vault of Glass raid, first seen in the original Destiny in 2014.
Vex Mythoclast, an exotic fusion rifle that you get for completing the raid, returns with the raid.
We don’t know much more at this time, because the raid won’t be available until May 22nd. However, initial reports suggest that Vex Mythoclast will have the following benefits:
- Timeless Mythoclast: This weapon fires one bolt each time the trigger is pressed.
- Time Unlimiter: Defeating targets creates piles of overcharging.
Reissue of the weapon of the cult of the future war
Fans with eagle eyes may have noticed Lakshmi-2 – the supplier of factions from the cult of the future war, which was found in Faction Rallies from year 1 – in the image press kit for Season of the Splicer.
Intrepid players of Season of the Splicer subsequently discovered that almost all Future War Cult weapons had been reissued, probably in the World Fund.
This means that many great and unique weapons that have been unavailable since season 4 are back! It is still a bit unclear how to get them over possible random throws, but for more information we will have our eyes peeled off.
For more information on Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer, see our guide to everything we know about the new season.
Or see our guide for details on how to pick up a Stasis Aspect class for the season.