Keeping your PC protected is essential, and to guard it from malicious software, Windows 10 depends on Windows Defender.
This instrument works as an antivirus program, however users have reported some issues with it. An error that seems when utilizing Windows Defender is error 0x80073afc.
If you get this error, it signifies that your Windows Firewall will not be working. This could be very unhealthy information as it would make your system weak to viruses, malware and other harmful information.
How Can I Fix Windows Defender Error 0x80073afc?
Table of contents:
- Uninstall the antivirus software
- Change the register
- Remove malicious software
- Check for problematic updates
- Use System Restore
- Wait for the official resolution
- Update Windows
- Run the SFC scan
- Run DISM
- Clean the registry
- Check the environmental values
- Change system permissions
- Restart the safety service
- Change the group coverage
- Reset Windows 10
Uninstall the antivirus software
Windows Defender is designed to work as an ordinary antivirus software on Windows 10, however it can not work with other safety tools.
If the installer skilled error code 0x80093acf, you might want to uninstall the antivirus program and see if it fixes the problem.
By default, Windows Defender will shut down after you put in a third-party antivirus program.
One approach to get rid of such issues is to easily substitute the embedded Windows resolution with a contemporary antivirus program that won’t intrude along with your system in any manner.
Therefore, we suggest a robust safety bundle that may defend your PC from all types of electronic mail applications akin to adware, ransomware, viruses, rootkits, exploits and extra.
Emerging threats aren’t any exception, as this well-balanced antivirus program depends on sensible, cloud-based technology that means that you can replace your signatures routinely and by no means fails to remain on high of the cybersecurity sport.
2. Change the registry
- Press the Windows key + R, Enter regedit, and press enter or click on OK.
- Go to the next lane within the left lane:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionImage File Execution Options
- Try to search out MSASCui.exe, MpCmdRun.exe, MpUXSrv.exe, or msconfig.exe the keys. If you discover any of them, Right click on them and choose Delete.
- After deleting the problematic the keys, Check if the issue is resolved.
It is feasible that your registry was modified by a computer virus and thus brought on error code 0x80073afc. To resolve this difficulty, you could modify the registry.
Before you begin modifying your registry, take into account that modifying the registry might be doubtlessly harmful. Therefore, make sure you make a backup copy of your registry if that’s the case.
Remove malicious software
Sometimes malicious software might be positioned in your PC and trigger this error to look.
You must search for MpCmdRun.exe, MpUXSrv.exe, MSASCui.exe and msconfig.exe information or folders within the following directories:
- % AppData%
- C: WindowsTemp
- % temp%
- C: Program Files.
You can simply entry any of those folders by pasting the folder’s tackle into File Explorer and urgent Enter.
If you discover any of the talked about information or folders, you possibly can delete them and see if that solves the issue.
4. Check for problematic updates
- Open the Settings app. (If you might be unable to open the settings, there are some corrections).
- Go to Update and safety part.
- IN Windows replace tab, click on Advanced settings.
- Now click on on View your replace log.
- Click Uninstall updates.
- Well, it Installed updates the window seems. Find the replace you need to take away and double-click it to take away it.
Users reported that sure Windows updates brought on this error to happen, so you might want to discover and take away the problematic ones.
Remember that you might want to take away the problematic replace, so regulate all put in updates.
To stop this difficulty from recurring, you possibly can block the problematic replace from set up. If you run into any issues with the method, this nice information to fix Windows Update issues will provide help to.
5. Use System Restore
- Press Windows key + S and enter restore. Select Create a restore level option.
- When System properties window opens, click on System Restore button.
- When System Restore begins, click on Next.
- Select the restore level you need to return to and click on Next.
- Follow the directions to get better your PC.
Few users reported that they solved this downside just by restoring their laptop with the System Restore characteristic. Recovering your PC is simple and might be executed utilizing the above steps.
6. Wait for the official resolution
Few users reported that their difficulty was resolved by putting in the newest updates, so you could need to look forward to Microsoft to resolve the problem itself.
Windows updates often resolve this difficulty, so you’ll have to attend some time till the official resolution is launched. Unfortunately, this will likely take some time.
The time it takes for such issues to be resolved by Microsoft is dependent upon how many individuals are signaling the problem to them, so don’t hesitate to make a cross or publish on the official boards.
7. Update Windows
- Go to Settings.
- Then, Update and safety.
- Select search for updates.
- Wait for Windows to complete the replace.
This step is in a manner associated to the sixth. You must maintain Windows updated always, so ensure you are utilizing the newest variations.
Because Windows Defender is a part of Windows 10, it receives updates by way of Windows Update. So, possibly the issue you might be going through is acknowledged by Microsoft and the corporate is engaged on an answer.
8. Run the SFC scan
- Right click on Start menu button, and open The immediate (Admin).
- Type the next line and press Enter:
- Wait for the method to finish (this will likely take some time).
- If the answer is discovered, it’s used routinely.
- Now, close The immediate and restart the pc.
If not one of the earlier options labored, let’s strive some troubleshooting tools. The first is the SFC scan.
This command line instrument scans your laptop for potential issues and resolves them if potential. So it can be helpful on this case.
9. Run DISM
- Open the The immediate as proven above.
- enter following command and press enter:
DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Wait for course of to end.
- Restart the pc.
- In case DISM cannot acquire information Online, attempt to use your set up USB or DVD.
- Insert media and enter the next command:
DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreWell being /Source:C:RestoreSourceWindows /LimitAccess
DISM is one other instrument we’ll strive. It will scan the system disks. Be positive to exchange
C:RestoreSourceWindows the trail to DVD or USB and observe the on-screen directions.
10. Clean the registry
Some users report that Windows Defender won’t work as a result of there are issues along with your registry. To get rid of the doubt, go forward and clear the registry.
The finest approach to clear your registry in Windows 10 is to make use of a third-party registry cleaner.
If you don’t have already got the primary alternative, you possibly can check out our listing of the very best registry cleaners for Windows 10 to get some concepts.
⇒ Get CCleaner
11. Check the environmental values
- Press Windows key + S and specify superior system settings.
- Select View superior system settings from the menu.
- Now click on on Environmental variables button.
- Find % Program Data% variable and check whether it is set to
- If not, change the variable accordingly.
Environmental values are helpful, however a lesser-known characteristic that helps your system entry sure directories that comprise vital information and values.
Sometimes third-party apps can change these values, and it will possibly result in interruptions with Windows Defender, which might result in potential issues like error 0x80073afc.
12. Change system permissions
- Go to C: Program information catalog.
- Find now Microsoft listing and right-click on it.
- Select Properties from the menu.
- Go to now Safety tab and click on Advanced.
- Now it is best to take away all inherited permissions. Once you’ve executed that, save the adjustments and check if the problem is resolved.
Another motive for Windows Defender issues could also be system permissions. If some permissions are set to dam Windows Defender, it clearly doesn’t work.
13. Restart the safety service
- Press the Windows key + R and begin Run.
- Type providers.msc and beat enter or click on OK.
- In Services, seek for Security heart.
- Right click on Security heart and click on Restart.
Everything in Windows 10 has its personal service, and Windows Defender is not any totally different. Make positive the safety service is working for Windows Defender to work usually.
14. Change group coverage
- Press the Windows key + R and sort gpedit.msc.
- Press now enter or click on OK.
- When Group police editor opens, navigate to the next lane within the left pane:
Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplateWindows ComponentsWindows Defender Antivirus
- Double-click in the fitting pane Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Select Not configured and click on Apply and OK to avoid wasting the adjustments.
If you’ve all the required permissions and the service is working, you could must make some adjustments to the Group Policy Editor. Here’s what you might want to do:
15. Reset Windows 10
If you continue to have this difficulty, you could need to reset Windows 10. You can check out this in-depth information on resetting Windows 10 to manufacturing facility settings to be taught extra in regards to the course of.
Restoring Windows 10 will delete all put in purposes and in some instances all of your information from the first partition, so use this option as a final resort.
We strongly encourage you to modify to a greater safety instrument. You can choose one from this listing of antivirus software with lifetime licenses.
Windows Defender error code 0x80073afc could cause many issues, so make sure you strive a few of our options and tell us what labored for you within the feedback part below.