While attempting to obtain a sport or updating an previous sport, a corrupted disk error might happen on the Steam shopper. This is a common error and may happen due to a number of causes.
The entire error sounds An error occurred whereas updating [your game] (disk error) (disk corruption error), see the Steam Support web page for extra info.
For these affected by this error, right here is easy methods to fix the corrupted Steam error in your Windows laptop.
How To Fix Steam Corrupt Disk Error
- Delete the lively obtain folder
- Reinstall the Steam shopper
- Check the integrity of the sport information
- Repair the Steam Library folder
- Change the obtain folder / Steam Library folder
1. Delete the lively obtain folder or rename it
1.1 Delete the folder
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the next location:
- Steam shops every sport with a singular quantity. Open the primary folder you see within the obtain folder with a quantity. Check if it belongs to the problematic sport.
- Delete the problematic folder.
- Quit Steam if you happen to’m nonetheless working. Restart Steam and attempt to set up the sport once more.
Before continuing with superior troubleshooting, think about briefly disabling your firewall and antivirus software. Please attempt once more, and if that doesn’t assist, go to a number of troubleshooting steps.
Another reason for the corrupt disk error stands out as the information of the corrupt sport. You can attempt deleting the sport’s downloaded information after which restarting the obtain from the Steam shopper.
1.2 Rename the folder
- Find the obtain folder in Steamapps by navigating to the next path:
C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamapps
- Right click on Downloading folder and choose Rename. Rename the folder Downloading 12.
- Then create a brand new folder within the Steamapps folder and identify it as Downloading.
- Launch Steam and attempt to set up the sport that precipitated the issue. You ought to have the ability to obtain and set up the sport now.
Rename the obtain folder to a different, and create a brand new folder known as Download, as proven within the steps above.
2. Reinstall the Steam shopper
- Type control panel in Windows Search and click on Control Panel from the outcomes.
- Select now Programs and features.
- Find Steam within the checklist of packages, click on on it and choose Uninstall.
- Restart the system and reinstall Steam from the official web site.
- Launch Steam and you must have all the sport information intact.
- If not, transfer the Steamapps folder from the backup drive to the next path:
C:Program Files (x86)Steam folder
As a final resort, attempt reinstalling the Steam shopper. Uninstalling the Steam shopper doesn’t delete the sport information and the put in games, however only the shopper.
After reinstalling the Steam shopper, it’s going to retrieve the sport information and information from the folder.
But simply to be on the safer facet, again up your Steamapps folder by navigating to the next folder:
C:Program Files (x86)Steam
When the backup of the Steamapps folder is prepared, proceed with uninstalling the Steam shopper.
3. Confirm the integrity of the sport information
- Start Steam.
- click on on Library and choose Game.
- Right-click on the problematic sport and choose Properties.
- Click underneath Properties Local information fanen.
- click on right here Confirm the integrity of sport information.
- Steam scans the sport file for corruption. If the confirmation is profitable, proceed to the following step.
Corrupt disk errors may happen if the sport information are broken or lacking. Steam gives a built-in device that checks and verifies the integrity of sport information within the shopper.
4. Repair the Steam Library folder
- Start Steam.
- click on on Steam and choose Settings.
- Click underneath Settings Downloads fanen.
- Click Content Libraries Steam Library Folders.
- Right click on Steam Library folder (or customized library folder) and choose Repair the library folder.
- Steam will scan the folder and attempt to restore it if issues are detected.
- Try to obtain the games and see if the error is resolved.
If the issue is with the Steam Library’s default folder, attempt fixing it utilizing the Repair Steam Library Folder option. Here’s easy methods to do it.
5. Change the obtain folder / Steam Library folder
- Launch Steam and click on Steam and choose Settings.
- click on on Downloads fanen.
- click on on Steam Library folder.
- Then click on Add library folder on the popup dialog box.
- Select one other drive on the system and click on Select.
- Close the settings window and attempt to obtain and set up the sport with a corruption disk error.
The Steam shopper lets you modify the Steam library and set a customized location for downloading and putting in games. If the default Steam library or laborious disk partition is corrupted, you possibly can change the drive to fix the error.
We hope your options helped you fix your corrupt Steam disk when you downloaded the bug and you can play now.
You also needs to learn our knowledgeable article on easy methods to fix An error occurred whereas updating a Steam sport. The options may enable you to with the issue.
If you additionally know other doable options or recommendation, don’t hesitate to publish them in a remark below to your fellow users.