How do I fix 0xc00007b Skype errors (utility can’t begin correctly) on my Windows 10 PC?
- Run hotfixes
- Run SFC Scan / DISM
- Use CCleaner
- Run Skype as an administrator
- Reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Update system drivers
- Reinstall Skype
- Run Windows Update
Did you get Skype error 0xc00007b while you wish to begin Skype? Do not fear about this drawback.
Several Skype users complained that after launching the Skype app, encounter the error message that claims The program couldn’t begin correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close this system.
This error often happens after a current improve or after a brand new set up in some instances. The reason for this Skype error is due to errors coming from system information, parts or particular applications.
However, the WR crew has enlisted efficient options to remove stress-free Skype error 0xc00007b.
SOLVED: Skype error 0xc00007b
Solution 1: Run quick options
Here are some fast fixes you need to attempt to fix the issue with ‘Skype error 0xc00007b’:
- Restart the PC after which Skype
- Temporarily disable your antivirus program
- Start a number of applications at a time
- End the Skype course of in ‘Task Manager’ after which restart Skype
In the meantime, if any of the hotfixes didn’t resolve your Skype subject, you’ll be able to transfer on to the other technical options listed below.
Solution 2: Run SFC Scan / DISM
First, it’s good to run SFC scan to resolve the difficulty with the Skype error 0xc00007b. Sometimes the reason for the error drawback is due to lacking, modified or corrupted system information. The System File Checker utility, on the other hand, checks for system file errors and technically repairs them.
To run an SFC scan on Windows 10:
- Go to Start> sort cmd> right-click Command Prompt> choose Run as Administrator.
- Now sort the command sfc / scannow.
- Wait for the scan course of to finish and restart the pc. All corrupted information will probably be changed at reboot.
Sometimes system file errors usually are not detected by SFC scanning, so that you want Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM); this software will also be used to check for system information and fix them as properly.
To run DISM in Windows:
- Press the Windows key + X and run the command immediate (administrator).
- Copy and paste the next command on the command line:
exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth
- If DISM can’t get hold of information online, strive utilizing set up USB or DVD. Insert media and enter the next command:
DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth / Source: C: RestoreSourceWindows / LimitAccess
- Be certain to exchange the “C: RepairSourceWindows” path to DVD or USB.
Note: Make certain you may have changed the restore supply path with your individual.
Solution 3: Use CCleaner
Some Windows users reported success in utilizing CCleaner to fix Skype error 0xc00007b. This software developed and maintained by Piriform Ltd is understood for fixing a number of system issues. The software repairs PC registry, fixes lacking DLLs and invalid Windows registry keys.
Therefore, CCleaner is efficient in resolving the difficulty of ‘Skype error 0xc00007b’ as a result of it repairs the corrupted Skype utility file which can be corrupted.
To obtain, set up, and use CCleaner:
- obtain CCleaner free version or Download the CCleaner Pro model.
- Install and observe the directions to finish the set up.
- After set up, launch CCleaner, after which click on the “Analyze” option.
- After CCleaner finishes scanning, click on “Run Cleaner”. Follow the directions to allow CCleaner to fix the Windows registry.
You may use other third-party registry cleaners to fix Skype error 0xc00007b. We have a devoted submit about one of the best registry cleaners to your Windows PC.
Solution 4: Run Skype as an administrator
Another answer that may additionally fix ‘Skype error 0xc00007b’ is to run Skype as an administrator. Therefore, observe these directions to run Skype as an administrator:
- Navigate to the set up folder of the Skype utility.
- Locate the .exe file, right-click and open Properties.
- On the Compatibility tab, choose the check box subsequent to the “Run as administrator” box.
- Click OK.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework
The Microsoft .NET framework is a crucial part for operating Skype effectively with out errors. Sometimes this part may give Skype users issues like ‘Skype error 0xc00007b’.
This is as a result of they both use an older Microsoft .NET framework or an incompatible .NET framework. Therefore, they expertise “…. Skype couldn’t begin correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the appliance. “Error message.
Still, putting in the most recent .NET framework fixes the “Skype error 0xc00007b” error. However, there are a number of .NET frameworks on the market; due to this fact chances are you’ll must strive a few of them to see which model works. For this goal, it’s also possible to check out our information on easy methods to obtain and set up the .NET Framework on Windows 10, 8 ?.
Solution 6: Update system drivers
As we mentioned earlier, some outdated system parts just like the .NET Framework, redistributable units, DirectX or sure system drivers could also be inflicting the ‘Skype error 0xc00007b’ drawback.
Meanwhile, the duty of manually figuring out outdated parts or system drivers, even if you’re not cautious, putting in the unsuitable driver variations can harm your PC. Therefore, it’s good to use an automatic software to replace system drivers.
On the other hand, you’ll be able to manually replace your system drivers in ‘Device Manager’. We even have a submit on easy methods to manually replace system drivers.
On the other hand, TweakBits driver update is our advisable automated software that may scan your computer and provide the greatest driver variations you need to set up. This is as a result of it’s authorized by Microsoft and Norton for automated driver updates on Windows PC.
Disclaimer: Some features of this software usually are not free.
Solution 7: Reinstall Skype
Reinstalling Skype is one other technique of resolving ‘Skype Error 0xc00007b’ errors. All you must do is uninstall Skype after which reinstall Skype from its official website.
To reinstall Skype:
- Go to Start> Programs and Features. In the checklist of put in applications, search “Skype”.
- Click on Skype afterwards.
- Now click on the Uninstall button that seems on the prime of the appliance checklist and observe the directions to uninstall the Skype app.
- After uninstalling the Skype utility, close all energetic purposes in “Task Manager” besides Windows Explorer.
- Restart the PC.
- Go to official Skype website to obtain Skype.
- Double-click the downloaded executable file and observe the directions to finish the brand new set up.
Alternatively, you’ll be able to check out 5 methods you’ll be able to uninstall Skype out of your Windows PC.
Solution 8: Run Windows Update
Frequent updates launched by Microsoft Windows embody updates that handle quite a few issues with the Windows OS, such because the ‘Skype Error 0xc00007b’ subject.
In addition, it improves system efficiency and stability; Therefore, you need to run Windows Update in an try to fix the ‘Skype error 0xc00007b’ subject.
Finally, updating Windows OS can fix the difficulty of ‘Skype error 0xc00007b’. To replace Windows OS:
- Go to Start> sort “update” within the search box, then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and set up out there updates.
- After the replace course of is full, restart your Windows PC.
Finally, a number of the options we have now listed above could fix the difficulty of ‘Skype error 0xc00007b’. If you may have any questions relating to any of the options we talked about above, please depart us a remark below and we are going to reply you.
For extra Windows 10 options and extra data, make sure you check out our How-To hub.