When you attempt to set up NVIDIA drivers, chances are you’ll get an error message that claims NVIDIA driver is not compatible with this version of Windows. This is a common drawback with Windows 10 and seven computer systems.
The error message is clear that the Windows version working on the system does not help the drivers you wish to set up.
Why is this taking place? The root trigger of this difficulty is since you most likely put in a 32-bit driver in your 64-bit working system or vice versa.
The structure of the 32-bit and 64-bit methods is totally different, and the drivers can’t be switched from one to a different.
Therefore, it is vital to know what kind of working system you might be working to get the right driver.
This information exhibits you methods to get rid of it NVIDIA driver is not compatible with this version of Windows error message set up the working drivers.
How to fix the error that is not compatible with the Nvidia driver?
Use a specialised driver program
Since we already know that the issue is attributable to incompatible drivers, we are able to now use a program that updates the driver routinely.
The software really useful below is an all-in-one Windows utility that helps you replace your machine drivers simply and securely.
If you’re a gamer, photograph / video producer, or in the event you deal with any variety of intensive visible workflow each day, you already know the significance of your graphics card (GPU).
To be certain that every little thing runs easily and to keep away from any variety of GPU driver error, it’s essential to use an entire driver replace assistant that solves your issues with just some clicks, and we strongly advocate DriverFix.
Follow these easy steps to soundly replace your drivers:
- Download and set up DriverFix.
- Start the software.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all of your defective drivers.
- The software now exhibits you all of the drivers which might be having issues and also you simply want to pick those you wished to fix.
- Wait for the app to obtain and set up the most recent drivers.
- Restart Your PC for the modifications to take impact.
Keep your GPU on prime of efficiency with out worrying about drivers.
Disclaimer: This software should be upgraded from the free version to carry out some particular actions.
2. Use a devoted producer app
- Log in GeForce Experience website.
- obtain GeForce Experience software and set up it.
- Make certain the monitor is linked by way of the NVIDIA GPU.
- Start this system.
- If you might be requested to replace the appliance, you settle for it.
- Switch to Drivers fanen.
- Any updates about your drivers will probably be discovered.
- click on on Look for updates far proper to start out a handbook search.
- Once your newest drivers are discovered, they may seem in a listing.
- Select Custom set up to open the file.
If you might be not certain which NVIDIA GPU you might be utilizing, GeForce Experience will provide help to with these drivers.
If this methodology proves cumbersome for you, you need to use GeForce’s auto-discovery function. From right here, you need to use it as a substitute of a handbook search, to routinely detect your GPU and supply updates.
3. Update the Windows software
- To open Run dialog box with Windows key + R hotkey.
- Enter within the Run dialog box winver, after which press enter.
- Your version of Windows should be 1511 or increased for NVIDIA drivers to put in.
If your version of Windows is above 1511, proceed with the steps below.
- Press Windows key + I key mixture to open Windows 10 settings.
- Scroll right down to Update and safety and choose it.
- Select Windows Update Look for updates.
- Accept the set up for the updates you discover.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the NVIDIA driver
Uninstall the NVIDIA driver
- Press Windows and R keys to open Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig and click on OK.
- click on on Boot fanen.
- Select the check box subsequent to it Safe start-up.
- Select Minimal option.
- click on on Apply and OK to close the window.
- Restart the pc and it’ll boot up Security mode.
- click on on This PC the icon on the desktop.
- Open Local Disk (C) and find NVIDIA folder.
- Delete this folder by right-clicking on it and choosing Delete.
- To open Run dialog box with Windows key and R mixture.
- enter devmgmt.msc and click on OK button.
- Expand Video card the merchandise within the record and right-click NVIDIA adapter.
- Select Uninstall from the choices and comply with the directions given.
- Restart the pc to finish the uninstallation.
The first step in updating your graphics driver is to uninstall it. Follow the subsequent steps to see methods to set up a brand new one.
2. Install the NVIDIA drivers
- To open Run dialog box once more.
- Type msconfig and beat enter to return to the configuration screen.
- Uncheck Safe start-up different i Boot choices.
- Click OK and restart the PC.
- Go to NVIDIA download page. Fill within the desk with the right data to seek out and obtain the right NVIDIA drivers on your laptop.
- Install the downloaded drivers by following the on-screen directions.
- Select Custom set up and check all of the set up choices.
- Mark Perform clear set up the check box.
- Restart the pc.
To obtain the NVIDIA drivers manually, be sure you obtain the version of the system structure (32-bit or 64-bit).
This is one of probably the most common the explanation why drivers are not supported, even when it is the right version.
The above options will provide help to fix NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows errors each manually and routinely.
NVIDIA additionally supplies a dedicated software to routinely detect your GPU and current you the suitable drivers on your system.
We hope you had been in a position to resolve the difficulty, and now your graphics are working as they need to.
If you’ve got a number of driver-related issues, you possibly can resolve them by putting in one of the very best driver replace software for Windows 10.
If you’ve got any options to this drawback, please go straight in and inform us all about it in a remark from the devoted part below.