Error 0x00000709 is a printer error that many users have written about within the Microsoft Support Forum. Affected users cannot configure the printers to default when that error happens.
A user forum posts drained.
I cannot set a printer because the default printer. An error message is displayed, error 0X00000709. This error message states: “The operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709).”
You can simply remedy this drawback by following the steps below, so bear in mind to maintain studying.
How Can I Fix Printer Error 709?
1. Run the printer troubleshooter
- Press Windows key + S, and enter troubleshooting within the search box.
- click on on Troubleshooting settings to open the snapshot window simply below.
- Select Write troubleshooting, after which click on Run the debugger button.
- Then the printer troubleshooting window opens. Select the printer you need to fix and click on Next button.
- Then overview the instructed troubleshooting options.
The Windows 10 Printer Troubleshooting Program could (or could not) be helpful for fixing error 0X00000709, so be certain to observe the steps above.
2. Turn off a particular setting option
- Open Settings by urgent Windows key + I.
- Select Devices in Settings.
- Then click on Printers and scanners to the left of the window.
- Uncheck Let Windows handle the default printer option.
If the printer troubleshooter doesn’t resolve 0X00000709, attempt turning it off Let Windows handle the default printer environment.
3. Edit the registry
- Press Windows key + R, kind regedit in Run and click on OK to open Registry Editor.
- Then open this registry path:
- click on on Windows on the left aspect of Registry Editor.
- Double click on Unit string to open the snapshot window directly below.
- Edit the worth information by deleting all the pieces within the box earlier than , winspool, Ne00:, however by no means , winspool, Ne00: share.
- Enter the specified printer identify (set by default) earlier than , winspoolt, Ne00, after which click on OK button.
- ONE Unable to edit machine dialog could seem to some users. In that case, right-click Windows key that features Unit stringand choose Permits.
- Select Allow full control the check box proven directly below.
- Press Apply and choose OK option.
Editing the machine string in Registry Editor is among the many most verified options for error 0x00000709.
We’ve written loads about setting default printer issues, so be certain to check out our useful information for extra info.
We hope that these suggestions from the listing helped you to fix the printer error 0X00000709. For extra recommendations or other questions, please go to the feedback part below.