Some much less lucky HTC users have had a tough time making an attempt to take care of an odd bug that includes uninstalling VR drivers each time they reboot SteamVR.
Otherwise, they get a message on Windows 10 saying that HDMI is detected, however the screen just isn’t discovered.
How to get a user describes this problem:
OK, so I not too long ago purchased the HTC Vive, and I did a whole reformatting to verify I acquired the very best efficiency out of my rig. I continued and did all my Windows updates and NVidia updates to verify I used to be updated earlier than resetting the steam. I acquired steam put in and up to date, I put in VIVE for the primary time and it appears to say that the headset just isn’t linked, I get 208 error code […]
Here are some easy steps you possibly can take to eliminate this bug and revel in the very best VR expertise on your Windows 10 PC.
How Can I Fix HTC Vive Error 208 on Windows 10?
- Update the graphics drivers
- Enable direct mode on SteamVR
- Choose the beta model of SteamVR
- Reinstall your SteamVR USB units
- New set up SteamVR
- Push HDMI all the best way in
- Other normal repairs
1. Update the graphics drivers
- Depending on the GPU, go to AMD or NVIDIA Web site and obtain the most recent drivers.
- Restart the PC and restart SteamVR to see if the issue persists.
It is vital to maintain the drivers updated to make sure most efficiency on your PC. We suggest that you just set up the most recent graphics card drivers.
To be certain that you don’t make any errors by selecting the flawed drivers to your wants, you should use software that mechanically does this for you.
Drivers are important to your PC and all of the applications you utilize every day. To keep away from crashes, freezes, bugs, layers or other issues, maintain them updated.It is time consuming to check for driver updates on a regular basis. Fortunately, you should use an automatic resolution that may safely check for brand spanking new updates and simply apply them, which is why we strongly suggest DriverFix.Follow these easy steps to securely replace your drivers:
- Download and set up DriverFix.
- Start the appliance.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all of your defective drivers.
- The software now exhibits you all of the drivers which are having issues and also you simply want to pick those you needed to fix.
- Wait till DriverFix downloads and installs the most recent drivers.
- Restart Your PC for the modifications to take impact.
Drivers will now not create issues for those who obtain and use this highly effective software immediately.
Disclaimer: This utility should be upgraded from the free model to carry out some particular actions.
Enable direct mode on SteamVR
- Go to Start menu, and launch Steam.
- Start SteamVR by clicking on VR button.
- Click on the drop-down arrow, go to Settingsand choose Developer.
- Ensure that Direct mode is activated and restart the PC.
Some users have reported that by enabling Direct Mode on SteamVR, they’ll now not get the HTC Vive 208 error on Windows 10, so make sure you give it a attempt.
3. Select the beta model of SteamVR
- Start Steam, go to Libraryand choose Tool.
- Right click on SteamVR, and go to Properties.
- click on on Beta class, and navigate to Select the beta you wish to choose.
- Select No, close the menu and restart the PC.
Sometimes for those who choose the beta model of SteamVR, HTC Vive Error 208 may even disappear in Windows 10, so comply with the steps above to be sure you benefit from the VR expertise.
Also learn our full information if SteamVR Home has stopped working, and fix the bug in a short while.
4. Reinstall your SteamVR USB units
- Disconnect all cables from the PC and begin Steam.
- Open SteamVR, go to Settingsand choose Developer.
- click on on Remove all SteamVR USB units.
- Select Yes, and Continue.
- Restart the PC.
After rebooting, reconnect the cables, however make sure you use a special HDMI port. Launch SteamVR and arrange your system if vital. Look for any enhancements.
5. New set up of SteamVR
- Start Steam, go to Libraryand choose Tool.
- Right click on SteamVR, choose Uninstall, and click on Delete.
- Restart the PC and comply with the steps above once more, however choose this time Install.
Many Windows 10 users have reported that uninstalling and reinstalling SteamVR helped them eliminate the HTC Vive 208 error.
If you could have issues with the hybrid actuality technology from Windows Mixed Reality, you can even check out our detailed information and get them mounted very quickly.
6. Push HDMI all the best way in
- Disconnect HTC Viveits energy supply.
- Remove the headset cowl.
- When watching HDMI, you possibly can simply push it till you’re feeling it go all the best way in.
- Connect Vive and reconnect it to the PC.
Many HTC Vive users have this downside. It appears that a few of them stumbled upon an answer that has an excellent likelihood of success. To attempt it your self by following the steps above.
It’s that easy. It appears that over time, whereas taking part in Steam VR games and transferring round quite a bit, the HDMI cable can only be midway linked and you have to join it correctly.
7. Other normal corrections
- Do not maintain Vive linked to your Windows 10 PC. Connect the headphone jack of the headphone only after the pc has began.
- When the error happens, unplug the principle energy supply of the Vive, wait a couple of seconds, after which reconnect it.
- Connect the headset directly to the GPU, change the USB port and restart the pc.
Although the problem was resolved by way of some beta updates from SteamVR, it nonetheless persists on some methods. Try a few of our fast fixes to unravel the issue very quickly.
Also check out our complete information in case you are having issues with VR on Windows 10 to rapidly eliminate them with the very best options.
If you’re conscious of one other resolution that solves the issue, please share your steps with any other questions you’ll have within the feedback part below.