In Pokémon Unite, all Pokémon will have a role to play, and understanding what it is and how well it will be will be key to victory. In MOBA, victory is achieved by being in the right place at the right time and understanding when your character has an advantage or not.
Get in a bad situation too often and drop too many points or resources on enemies. On the other hand, take the same benefits and get in a position to carry your team.
Below you will find all types of battles and some brief explanations of their roles:
- Attacker: Low-endurance Pokémon that excel at severe ranged damage. This is like the glass cannons of a team that will rely on placement in combat to last long enough to cause enough damage to take care of enemy threats.
- Speedster: A Pokémon that can be used for fast attacks and gaining points. These Pokémon will excel at wandering around the map and will be able to quickly help teammates who need it or make sharp attempts to break the score.
- Versatile player: Pokémon with balanced statistics that can handle work in all situations, but can be checked if they go head to head with a comfort specialist.
- Defender: Pokémon that act as tanks for a team absorb damage, block attackers, and generally cause placement harassment so that attackers can complete their damage.
- Supporters: Pokémon that cause enemy status effects or can heal their own team.
The list of starters is divided according to the type of battle below, so you will know from which group of characters you will be able to choose for each role.
- Attacker: Pikachu, Greninja, Venusaur, Alolan Ninetales, Cramorant, Cinderace
- Speedster: Talonflame, Absol, Gengar
- Versatile: Charizard, Lucario, Machamp, Garchomp
- Defenders: Snorlax, Crustle, Slowbro
- Proponents: Eldegoss, Mr. Mime, Wigglytuff